OLYMPIC NATIONAL PARK — Fires burning in Olympic National Park had forced the closure of 10 trails but on Thursday the park announced that, because of several days of rainfall on the wildfires, three had been reopened.
Those who want to enjoy trails today and Saturday before an expected federal government shutdown are advised that the following trails remain closed due to fire activity.
• Elwha River Trail from Dodger Point Trail junction to Low Divide.
• Hayden Pass Trail.
• Dosewallips River Trail from Dose Meadows to Hayden Pass.
• North Fork Quinault Trail from Elip Creek trail junction to Low Divide.
• Skyline Trail from Elip Creek Trail junction to Low Divide.
• Martin Park Trail.
• Obstruction Point Road and Trailhead.