CHIMACUM — Firefighters from multiple agencies extinguished a chimney fire at a residence on Center Road in Chimacum.
A woman told firefighters she saw the fire burning when she arrived home Monday night, and she rescued her dogs when she opened the front door.
No other residents were in the house at the time, according to a press release from East Jefferson Fire-Rescue (EJFR).
Firefighters arrived at 8:14 p.m. at the home south of Ole Torkelson Road. Flames were coming through the eaves in the corner of the house by the chimney when they arrived, according to the release.
Units from Port Ludlow, Quilcene, Discovery Bay, Brinnon and Naval Magazine Indian Island also responded to the report of fire.