PORT ANGELES — A travel trailer was lost in a fire on Deer Park Road early Monday, Clallam County Fire District No. 2 officials said.
No one was injured.
A wood stove was determined to be the source of the blaze, Assistant Chief Dan Huff said.
Crews were dispatched to the fire at 4227 Deer Park Road at about 3:53 a.m.
The 22-foot trailer was fully engulfed when crews arrived, Huff said.
Crews were able to quickly control the fire but the trailer and its contents were a total loss, Huff said.
Trailer owner Brendon McNamara told District 2 Assistant Chief Mike DeRousie that he and his son woke to flames extending from a wood stove up the wall and across the ceiling, Huff said.
They escaped through the only door.
McNamara had installed the wood stove in November, Huff said.
The trailer’s electricity came from solar power and batteries.
The wood stove was its only source of heat.
The trailer was uninsured, Huff said.
Fire district 2 responded with two engines, one tender, two command vehicles and eight personnel, Huff said.
Crews from Sequim-based Clallam County Fire District No. 3 were dispatched to the fire and were canceled en route.
District 2 units cleared the scene at 5:11 a.m.
Reporter Rob Ollikainen can be reached at 360-452-2345, ext. 56450, or at rollikainen@peninsula dailynews.com.