A special three-day election filing period opens today for eight public offices that attracted no candidates during the regular filing period last week.
Those positions are:
* Port Townsend School Board, Position 1.
* Sequim School Board, District 3.
* Fire Protection District 7 (Queets), Positions 1 and 2.
* Water District 3, Position 2.
* Parks and Recreation District 1, Positions 2, 3 and 4.
To file, a candidate must be a registered voter in the district.
Declaration of candidacy forms are available in the auditor’s office in the Jefferson County Courthouse in Port Townsend.Filing closes at 5 p.m. Friday.