FORKS — Five days of the Forks Old Fashioned Fourth of July celebration will begin Saturday.
Forks festivities will be this Saturday, then continue from Monday through Wednesday, and pick up again on Friday, July 6, through Sunday, July 8.
Other communities on the North Olympic Peninsula plan celebrations only Wednesday, the Fourth of July.
Festivities in Forks will include a fun run, a basketball tournament, parades and fireworks, as well as games, art shows, a demolition derby, salmon bake and window decorations.
Here is the schedule in Forks.
• 8:30 a.m. — Registration for the Forks Fourth of July Fun Run, which will begin at 9 a.m. at the parking lot across from Forks Coffee Shop, 241 S. Forks Ave. Event is a walk or run 1 mile-5K-10K. Proceeds will benefit Spartan basketball. The entry fee is $10 for the race only.
• 9 a.m. until finished — Archery Tag at Tillicum Park. Fee is $5 per person. Teams of five of ages 12 and up.
• 6 p.m. — Doors open for the Red, White and Blue Bingo at the VFW Hall, 110 Spartan Ave. Bingo to begin at 7 p.m. For more, call 360-640-2581.
• 9 a.m. — Registration for basketball tourney which will begin at 10 a.m. at the gym at Forks High School, 261 Spartan Ave. Entry fee is $10 per player. Proceeds will go to FHS basketball program. For more, call 360-780-0310.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Entries accepted for Far West Art League Art Photo & Craft Show at the Rainforest Arts Center, 35 N. Forks Ave. Entry forms are available at Olympic Graphic Arts & Home Slice Take-n-Bake. For more, call 360-460-5171.
• 10 a.m. — Deadline for completion of entries in the window decorating contest for businesses sponsored by West End Business & Professional Association. Judging will be done afterward. The winner will be announced during Moonlight Madness on July 7. For more, call 360-374-3311.
• 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. — Elks Annual Forks Fourth of July Breakfast, Forks Elks Lodge, 941 Merchant Road. The cost is $8 for adults, $6 for children and seniors and free to those 4 and under. For more, call 360-374-2524.
• 10 a.m. — Sign-ups and judging for Kiddies Parade in the Peninsula College parking lot, 481 S. Forks Ave.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Far West Art League Art Photo & Craft Show, Rainforest Arts Center.
• 11:45 a.m. — Kiddies Parade from the Peninsula College parking lot. Lineup begins at 11 a.m. For more, call 360-640-8211.
• Noon — Grand Parade begins from parking lot at Forks Outfitters, 950 S. Forks Ave. Check-in begins at 8 a.m. Judging will begin at 10:30 a.m.
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.— Dodgeball Tournament at the tennis courts at Tillcum Park. Entry fee is $40 per team, with proceeds going to wrestling. Participants are 12 and older. Register by call at 360-640-4085 or at the event.
• 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. — Salmon Bake at Tillicum Park. Cost to be determined. For more, call 360-640-2062.
• 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Forks Visitor Information Center will be open at 1411 S. Forks Ave. The phone number is 360-374-2531.
• 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Forks Timber Museum is open at 1421 S. Forks Ave. The phone number is 360-374-9663.
• 3 p.m. — Demolition Derby in the Tillicum Park arena. Gates will open at 2 p.m. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the gate or in advance at the Forks Youth League fireworks stand at the corner of Forks Avenue and Bogachiel Way.
• 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. — Patriotic Readers Theater, VFW Hall, 110 Spartan Ave. Admission is free.
• Dusk — Fireworks display at Tillicum Park.
Friday, July 6
• 5 p.m. — Bean Bag Toss at Tillicum Park. Entry fee is $30 with half going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Call 360-870-1100 to pre-register.
Saturday, July 7
• 8:30 a.m. — Horseshoe Tournament registration at Tillicum Park. Tournament will begin at 9 a.m. Entry fee is $10. For more, call 360-374-5323 after 3 p.m.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Forks Open Aire Market; Umpqua Bank Parking Lot, 1020 S. Forks Ave; 360-374-6918
• 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. — Far West Art League Art, Photo & Craft Show, Rainforest Arts Center, 35 N. Forks Ave; 360-460-5171.
• 5 p.m. — Frog Jump, Tillicum Park. For more, call 360-640-8169.
• 6 p.m. — Cribbage Tournament, VFW Hall. Entry fee is $6. For more, call 360-374-5534.
• 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. — Taste of Forks Grill Off at Forks Assembly of God, 81 Huckleberry Lane. Entry fee is $10 per person, $20 per family. For more, call 360-374-6909.
• 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.— Street dance in the Forks True Value Parking Lot. For more, call 360-374-6411.
• 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. — Far West Art League Art Photo & Craft Show, Rainforest Arts Center.
• 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. — Forks Open Aire Market in downtown Forks. For more, call 360-374-6918.
• 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. — Moonlight Madness at Forks merchants. Forks Avenue closed between Calawah Way and Bogachiel Way. Music, vendors and games planned. For more, call 360-374-3311.
Sunday, July 8
• Noon to 2 p.m. — Kiddies Play Day at Tillicum Park. For more, call 360-640-3123 or 360-780-2032.
• Noon to 4 p.m. — Far West Art League Art Photo & Craft Show, Rainforest Arts Center.
Veterans are urged to ask about the Buy A Veteran A Lunch program at participating vendors in Tillicum Park after the parade. For more, call 360-374-3311.
For more, see events on the Forks Chamber of Commerce website at forkswa.com/.