The Port Angeles City Council and Clallam County commissioners will discuss housing issues in a joint meeting at 5 p.m. Monday.
The meeting will be in the City Council chambers at City Hall, 321 E. Fifth St., Port Angeles.
Agenda items include:
• A Port Angeles housing assessment.
• A Homelessness Task Force presentation.
• A discussion on ways to improve regional coordination of housing and homeless issues.
• State and federal revenue performance.
• The relocation of the Emergency Operations Center.
• A tourism plan.
Port Angeles city
The Port Angeles City Council will discuss public restrooms in a special meeting at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The work session will be in the City Council chambers at City Hall.
The council’s regular business meeting will commence at 6 p.m.
Action items include a first reading on the methodology for cost of utility service analysis, a collective bargaining agreement with Teamsters Local 589, a presentation on the comprehensive plan and a think tank session.
Clallam County commissioners will discuss a call for hearing on a proposal to amend the code for wireless communications facilities at a work session at 9 a.m. Monday.
The meeting will be in the commissioners’ board room (160) at the Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
Other agenda items include:
• Right of way agreements for the Dry Creek Road reconstruction project.
• A grant application for funding a required update of the comprehensive solid waste management plan.
• Agreements with the County Road Administration Board for funding paving and other improvements to sections of Laird and Carlsborg roads.
• A discussion of a wastewater alternatives assessment and cost analysis, recommended project and debt service estimate.
• A discussion on conservation futures and rates and charges.
• A proposed interlocal agreement with the Peninsula Regional Transportation Planning Organization.
Commissioners will conduct their regular business meeting at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
Action items include:
• A letter of support for the Protecting Local Access to Care for Everyone, or PLACE, Act.
• A letter of interest for the use of the Port Angeles School District’s skills center.
• An agreement with IBT Local 589 Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust to renew and continue pension trust contributions.
• A contract amendment with the state Recreation and Conservation Office for a North Olympic Peninsula Lead Entity for Salmon grant.
• A bid opening for 2019 hot mix and liquid asphalt products.
• A resolution appointing Ronald Long to the county Planning Commission.
• Certification of an applicant match for the Forks Calawah River bridge and trail project.
The Clallam County Marine Resources Committee will hear an update from the Feiro Marine Life Center on the new waterfront center Monday.
The meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m. in Room 160 at the Clallam County Courthouse.
The waterfront center will include a combined facility for Feiro and the Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary.
Other agenda items include an election of officers, 2019 internships and project updates.
Board of Health
The Clallam County Board of Health will hear a health officer’s report on infant mortality Tuesday.
The meeting will begin at 1:30 p.m. in Room 160 at the Clallam County Courthouse.
Other agenda items include reports on outreach activities for youth marijuana and smoking prevention programs, a secure medicine return project and a statewide drill to deliver medical supplies.
The Sequim School Board will discuss the search for a new superintendent when it meets at 6 p.m. Monday.
The board will meet in the district board room at 503 N. Sequim Ave.
It may take action on hiring a search consultant as it seeks a replacement for Superintendent Gary Neal who has resigned effective June 30 to take a position with Vanir Construction Management Inc., of Bellevue.
The board also will discuss superintendent vacation days and a variety of school policies.
It will hear a finance and enrollment report and a superintendent’s report on the massive snowfall, referred to as “snowmagedon,” in February.
Port Angeles schools
The Port Angeles School Board will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Lincoln Center, 905 W. Ninth St.
No agenda was available as of Saturday.
The North Olympic Library System Board of Trustees will hear a presentation called “Virtual Reality in the Library” at 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
The meeting will be at the Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St.
Other agenda items include designation of signature authority, information on June’s election of officers and monthly statistics.
Fire District 3
Clallam County Fire District 3 commissioners will consider significant wildland fire pre-authorization when they meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Commissioners will meet at 323 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim.
The district covers the east side of Clallam County with a small portion in Jefferson County.