Clallam County commissioners will discuss the construction of a new Emergency Operations Center at 9 a.m. Monday. The virtual work session can be viewed at www.clallam.net/features/meetings.html.
The discussion on the proposed Emergency Operations Center in west Port Angeles will include conceptual drawings and reports from an architectural and engineering firm and an update from the project manager, according to an agenda item summary.
Other agenda items for the work session include:
• A grant application for funding to support innovative harm reduction strategies and services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• A call for bids for a sewer project on Sekiu Airport Road.
• A discussion with a U.S. Forest Service official on the Olympic National Forest in Clallam County.
• A discussion on the allocation of federal coronavirus relief funds.
• A discussion on property and shoreline damage caused by wake boats on Lake Sutherland.
• A letter to Angela Kreutzer regarding a COVID-19 restrictions petition.
• An amended agreement with Laurel Black Design for public outreach and support for Clallam County’s COVID-19 Phase 2 business openings.
Commissioners will conduct their weekly business meeting at 10:15 a.m. Tuesday. Scheduled action items include:
• An agreement with Olympic Community Action Programs for the continued operation of the COVID-19 Social Distancing Center.
• Agreements with the state Military Department/U.S. Department of Homeland Security for a national preparedness goal and Operation Stonegarden.
• Amended agreements with Craft3, Boys & Girls Clubs of the Olympic Peninsula, the city of Port Angeles, Sequim Food Bank, Port Angeles Food Bank, Clallam County Public Utility District, Clallam County Economic Development Council, North Olympic Peninsula Resource Conservation and Development Council and New Hope Food Bank for COVID-19 assistance.
• A resolution authorizing expenditures from the hotel/motel tax fund for a third round of Keeping the Lights On funding for COVID-19.
• A resolution authorizing an Opportunity Fund grant for the Carlsborg sewer extension.
Port Angeles city
The Port Angeles City Council will conduct a public hearing on 2021 budget revenue sources at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. For viewing options and instructions for making public comment, visit the city’s website, www.cityofpa.us.
Other agenda items for the meeting, which will begin at 6 p.m., include a Port Angeles School District levy proposition, a broadband feasibility study, a contact for stormwater permit inspections and 2021 legislative priorities.
Board of Health
The Clallam County Board of Health will hear an update on COVID-19 at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The virtual meeting can be viewed at www.clallam.net/features/meetings.html.
Clallam Transit board members will be presented with as 2021 budget proposal when they meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
To join the meeting, call 253-215-8782. Meeting ID 858-1027-6869. Comments can be submitted to [email protected] 24 hours before the meeting or mailed to Clallam Transit System, 830 W. Lauridsen Blvd.
They also will consider sales tax equalization funds authorization, comprehensive transit operational analysis proposal award and state auditor conferences. They will be introduced to a board strategy discussion and talk about COVID-19.
The Peninsula Housing Authority board will consider a land purchase in Port Angeles for mutual self-help at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
For information on the virtual meeting, click on the housing authority’s website at www.peninsulapha.org.
The Sequim School Board will update its reopening time line when it meets at 6 p.m. Monday.
To join the meeting, go to sequimschoolsoct19 or call 360-775-2372 and use 222 033 64#.
Public comment can be submitted to [email protected], or sequim [email protected] by 5:30 p.m. Monday. The board also will receive an update on the levy and consider several policies concerning the school board.
Port Angeles schools
The Port Angeles School Board will hear a report on free and reduced lunches when it meets at 7 p.m. Thursday. A 5 p.m. workshop precedes the regular meeting.
For information on how to join the meeting, and for an agenda later this week, see https://portangeles schools.org/.
The board also will hear reports on Hamilton Elementary and United Way.
Olympic Medical Center
Olympic Medical Center commissioners will honor retired physician Sam Baker, an orthopedic surgeon, when they meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
To join the meeting, call 360-417-8444. The conference ID is 4568056#.
They also will consider retirement plan updates, a PET CT for diagnostic imaging and a medical office building generator.
Fire District 3
Clallam County Fire District 3 commissioners will discuss third quarter financial statements when they meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday.
To view the meeting live, visit firedistrict3oct20. To listen only, call dial 1-877-853-5427. The meeting ID is 859 6064 7856. The password is 330005.
The fire commissioners will also discuss a Plymo Vent purchase authorization and a mobile date computer.
The district covers the east side of Clallam County with a small portion in Jefferson County.
Fire District 2
Clallam County Fire District No. 2 commissioners will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. To join the meeting go to firedistrict2oct20 or call 253-215-8782. The meeting ID is 432 908 1371. The password is 502502.
No agenda was available on their website by Saturday.