Clallam County commissioners will consider a modified match agreement with the Western Federal Lands Highway Division for improvements to East Beach Road on Tuesday.
The meeting will begin at 10 a.m. in the commissioners’ boardroom (160) at the Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
East Beach Road near Lake Crescent will be improved next year.
Additional paving work and the installation of a culvert near Log Cabin Resort had raised the total project cost from $1.7 million to just over $2 million, requiring an increase in the county match from $229,500 to $279,720.
The rest of the project is federally funded.
Other agenda items for the commissioners’ business meeting include:
• Recognition of David Lasorsa for more than 16 years of service to Clallam County.
• Recognition of Casey McInnes more than 40 years of service to Clallam County.
• Recognition of Boy Scout Troop 1473 for its service on keeping county waters clean.
• A 10:30 a.m. public hearing for consideration of debatable budget emergencies.
Commissioners will hold their weekly work session at 9 a.m. Monday to preview items set for action at future meetings.
Scheduled discussion items include:
• An annual report on Washington County Risk Pool procedure.
• An agreement with the Sequim School District for the provision of transition program training.
• A contract amendment with the state Department of Ecology extending an Environmental Health Strait Water Quality grant to Dec. 31, 2017.
• An agreement with the state Department of Ecology for a Toxics Cleanup Remedial Action grant program.
• A 1 p.m. quarterly report from the state Department of Natural Resources on timber harvests.
Port of Port Angeles
Port of Port Angeles commissioners will review a 2017 strategic plan for budget development process when they meet Monday.
The special meeting will be at 1 p.m. at port headquarters at 338 W. First St.
Commissioners also will discuss the capital budget and review the master policy.
Clallam County Public Utility District commissioners will hear a report on the district’s annual financial audit Monday.
The meeting will begin at 1:30 p.m. in the Lake Crescent boardroom at the Carlsborg main office, located at 104 Hooker Road.
Other agenda items include:
• Contract completion with Hoch Construction Inc. for the roof replacement of the Port Angeles warehouse.
• A resolution establishing network access charges for excess capacity.
• Contractor prequalifications for inclusion on the small-works roster.
• A resolution establishing compensation for the general manager.
• A staff update on water department activities.
The Clallam County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on a proposed code amendment for critical areas to provide alternate standards for existing and ongoing agriculture in aquatic habitat conservation areas Wednesday, Sept. 7.
The hearing will begin at 6:30 p.m. in Room 160 at the Clallam County Courthouse.
Aquatic habitat conservation areas include streams, rivers and marine waters and wetlands.
The proposal would also provide new and revised agriculture definitions.
For information on the proposal, click on www. clallam.net/LandUse/AGinCA.html.