Clallam County commissioners will discuss legislative issues at 9 a.m. Monday.
The work session will be in the commissioners’ board room (160) at the Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
Other agenda items include:
• Four right-of-way purchases for the Dry Creek Road reconstruction project.
• A notice of bids for the 2019 hot mix and liquid asphalt supply.
• A resolution changing Clallam County Marine Resource Committee membership categories.
Commissioners will conduct their weekly business meeting at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
Action items include:
• A letter to the state Health Care Authority regarding Criminal Justice Treatment Account funds.
• An agreement with Aldergrove Construction, Inc. for Third Street building HVAC replacement project.
• A resolution designating the Clallam County Economic Development Corp. as the county’s associate development organization.
• A resolution appointing Robert Utz and Alyssa “Lissy” Pruitt Andros to the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee.
• A resolution adopting supplemental appropriations.
• Public hearings on policy amendments for employee benefits, purchasing, bids and contracts.
• A public hearing for consideration of debatable budget emergencies.
Port Angeles city
The Port Angeles City Council the Utility Advisory Committee will conduct a joint special meeting at 11 a.m. Thursday.
The meeting will be in the City Council chambers at City Hall, 321 E. Fifth. St.
The group will view a three-part webinar series on utility fiscal management.
No action will be taken.
The webinar series is provided by the Municipal Research Services Center.
It will be shown in the following order:
• Part 3: Understanding the complexities of billing and collections (live).
• Part 1: Strategic long-term financial planning (previously recorded).
• Part 2: Rate setting fundamentals (previously recorded).
The Clallam County Planning Commission will consider forwarding its April 17 recommendation to amend the county’s wireless communication facilities ordinance to the Board of County Commissioners when it meets at 6 pm. Wednesday.
The meeting will be in Room 160 at the Clallam County Courthouse.
The Planning Commission voted 5-1 on April 17 to recommend changes to the county’s wireless communications facilities ordinance after several discussions about how it would relate to the implementation of 5G in unincorporated areas.
While the current ordinance permits the implementation of 5G technology, the proposed amendment would make the permitting process more difficult and add aesthetic considerations.
The Planning Commission also will conduct a work session to discuss a resolution related to a Western Washington Growth Management Hearings Board decision.
Olympic Medical Center commissioners will hear of an emergency services contract extension when they meet at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Commissioners will meet in Linkletter Hall in the basement of the hospital at 939 E. Caroline St., Port Angeles.
The Strait of Juan de Fuca Ecosytem Recovery Network will conduct its spring quarterly meeting at 9:30 a.m. Friday.
The group will meet in the Red Cedar Hall of the Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe in Blyn.
Members will discus the role of the group, hear a speakers forum, see a stormwater action monitoring video and share information.
The meeting will adjourn at 2:30 p.m., when an hour-long training session for NTA owners will be offered by Kari Stiles, the Puget Sound Partnership’s adaptive systems manager.
The Strait ERN is one of the Puget Sound Partnership’s Local Integrating Organizations working to implement the Action Agenda for Puget Sound protection and recovery.
It includes all of the tribes and local jurisdictions, and most of the non-governmental organizations, educational institutions and key business groups with interest in the Strait Action Area, which extends from Cape Flattery near Neah Bay east to Point Wilson in Port Townsend, said coordinator John Cambalik.
For information on the Puget Sound Partnership and the Puget Sound Action Agenda, see www.psp.wa.gov. For more on the Strait ERN, see www.straiternlio.org. To contact Cambalik, email [email protected]