Free public Christmas meals will be served today in Port Angeles, Sequim and Forks.
• St. Matthew Lutheran Church at 132 E. 13th St. in Port Angeles will serve a free meal open to all at 5:30 p.m.
• The Serenity House shelter at 2321 W. 18th St. in Port Angeles also will serve a free, public Christmas Day meal. It will begin at 6:30 p.m.
• St Luke’s Episcopal Church at 525 N. Fifth Ave. in Sequim will serve a free public meal at 5:30 p.m. This is part of the church’s regular Wednesday Soup’s On meals, which has served more than 16,000 free community dinners.
Volunteering begins at 4:30 p.m.
• The Sequim VFW Post 4760 at 169 E. Washington St. will serve a free Christmas Day lunch from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The meal, hosted by Sequim VFW Post 4760, Sun Taxi and Kettel’s 76, can be eaten there or taken to go.
For more information, see vfwpost4760.com or call 360-683-9546.
• Hardy’s Market at 10200 Old Olympic Highway expects to have complimentary traditional holiday meals available today beginning at 8 a.m. The market offered a meal on Christmas Eve. They will be available as long as supplies last.
For more information, call 360-582-0240.
• In Forks, Feeding 5000 plans a free community Christmas Day meal from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Community Center at 91 Maple Ave.
All are welcome. No reservations or registration necessary.
• Joni Evans will share Christmas Cheer today in the form of free coffee, hot cocoa and soup at the Forks Forum parking lot, 490 S. Forks Ave., across from Peninsula College.
She plans to start handing out coffee and cocoa at 8 a.m. Soup should be ready by about 10 a.m., she said.
All are welcome to stop by her motorhome.