Since the late 1990s, Laurel Place has been proud to be a part of the Port Angeles community, helping care for seniors when living at home is no longer an option. In 2020, Caring Places Management purchased the retirement community and began construction on a new memory care wing.
“It’s really important that these complex care services are available, especially in smaller communities far away from major cities. We’re proud to bring memory care to Port Angeles, so more seniors can stay close to home,” says Hanna Hales from Caring Places.
The Laurel Place memory care services are now open, and to celebrate, they’re hosting an open house and grand re-opening Nov. 19!
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Laurel Place, 1133 E Park Ave., Port Angeles.
- Refreshments, raffles and door prizes for attendees.
- Complimentary tours of the memory care community as well as assisted living services, dining, activities and more!
- New residents who put down a deposit on a room on Nov. 19 will receive $1,000 off their first month’s rent.
Caring Places Management owns and operates 20 senior care communities across Oregon and Washington. Their communities are smaller in size and offer more personalized care in warm, home-like environments.
“Residents become part of our family,” Hales says.
Memory Care offers specialized services when your loved ones are diagnosed with illnesses including Alzheimer’s, dementia and other memory-related illnesses. The unique challenges of these conditions require a structured environment that combines freedom and independence with safety and security.
Monthly rent at Laurel Place includes a range of complementary services:
- 3 dietitian-approved meals each day
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- 24-hour staff assistance
- Medication management
- Daily hygiene assistance and toileting
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Life enrichment and active involvement within Laurel Place, with our families and in the greater community of Port Angeles.
Memory Care residents can take advantage of additional services:
- A safe and secure community with continuous hallways that provide safe space for wandering.
- Dementia tailored activities to help stimulate brain function such as a Brain Music and Brain Builders.
- Life Skill Stations offer self-directed activities that provide a sense of purpose, independence, freedom and peace.
Laurel Place is a beautiful two-story building with exquisite common areas including a dining room, living room and large patio space with Salish Sea views. In Assisted Living, there are nine one-bedroom and 20 spacious studio apartments, each with their own kitchenette and bathroom including roll-in accessible shower. The secure Memory Care area offers four shared suites and eight private studio apartments.
Visit the community on Nov. 19 to take a tour and imagine you or your loved one in their new home. Learn more at caringplaces.com/communities/laurel-place. Can’t make it to the grand re-opening? Request a tour at a time that works for you using the online form, or call 503-676-5094.