Celebrating the peninsula with seasonal spirits and savory bites, the Olympic Peninsula Harvest Wine & Cider Tour is back — spotlighting locally harvested ingredients on Veterans Day Weekend.
Set at various locations across the peninsula, this self-guided tour set for this coming Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 10-11, includes new wine and cider releases from local businesses — from slow-cooked pot roast with Nash’s root vegetables to pumpkin soup infused with FairWinds chardonnay, and cranberry shortbread to hot cider cocktails.
After touring and tasting from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., visitors can extend their getaway with live music at Wind Rose Cellars in Sequim from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, or from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday at Port Townsend Vineyards.
Tour tickets are available for $35 online at https://olympicpeninsulawineries.org/ or $40 at the door of each winery.
A commemorative wine glass, wine tasting and food pairings are included in the ticket price.
Visitors without tour tickets will be charged a $10 tasting fee at each venue.
“Fall is a great time to visit the Olympic Peninsula,” said Lisa Martin, president of the Olympic Peninsula Wineries Association.
“Visitors can relax and enjoy nature’s vibrant palette with friends before the rush of the holiday season, and discover some new favorite wine and food pairings.
“It’s also a good time to stock-up for the holidays by taking advantage of special pricing during the Harvest Tour weekend.”
The following wineries and cideries are participating in the self-guided tour:
• Wind Rose Cellars, 143 W. Washington St., Sequim.
• Olympic Cellars, 255410 US Highway 101, Port Angeles.
• Camaraderie Cellars, 334 Benson Road, Port Angeles.
• Harbinger Winery, 2358 US Highway 101 West, Port Angeles.
• Eaglemount Wine & Cider, 893 S. Jacob Miller Road, Port Townsend.
• Port Townsend Vineyards, 2640 W. Sims Way, Port Townsend.
• FairWinds Winery, 1984 Hastings Ave. West, Port Townsend.
• Finnriver Farm & Cidery, 124 Center Road, Chimacum.
• Marrowstone Vineyards, 423 Meade Road, Marrowstone Island/Nordland.
For more information, visit https://olympicpeninsulawineries.org/.