Specialty cheeses from area creameries will be paired with wine and cider this weekend during the annual Olympic Peninsula Wine, Cider & Cheese Tour.
The self-guided tour is set for 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Participants can travel at their own pace from Chimacum and Marrowstone Island to Port Townsend, Sequim and Port Angeles for food, drink, live music and activities.
Advance tickets are $40 online at olympicpeninsula wineries.org/wine-wine-cheese-tour. They will be $45 at the door of participating wineries.
Tour tickets include wine and cheese tasting at all nine wineries and cideries, plus a commemorative wine glass.
Visitors who get their ticket stamped at all nine locations will be entered in a drawing for a wine-and-cheese-themed gift basket.
Independently, each venue charges a $10 tasting fee.
Participating venues are:
• Wind Rose Cellars, 143 W. Washington St., Sequim (www.windrose cellars.com) will release some new wines paired with cheese from Black Sheep Creamery in Chehalis.
• Olympic Cellars, 255410 U.S. Highway 101, Port Angeles (www.olympic cellars.com) will pair flavored cheddars and cheese curds from Golden Glen Creamery with its Chardonnay. Dungeness Red and its 40th Anniversary commemorative label Pinot Noir will also be available for sampling along with seven other wines. Guests choose five wines to taste out of 10 available.
• Camaraderie Cellars, 334 Benson Road, Port Angeles (camaraderie cellars.com) will feature such wines as Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon and Elegance along with cheese from Appel Farms of Ferndale. Blue cheese cookies and a cheese tortellini also are planned.
• Harbinger Winery, 2358 Highway 101, Port Angeles (www.harbinger winery.com) will host an array of artisan cheeses produced in the Pacific Northwest and beyond paired with the winery’s own off-dry Riesling, 2012 Sangiovese, Blackberry Bliss and others.
• Finnriver Farm & Cidery,124 Center Road, Chimacum (www.finnriver.com) will offer seasonal cider and fruit wine releases and a new spring cheese from Mt. Townsend Creamery.
• Marrowstone Vineyards, 423 Meade Road, Nordland (www.marrow stonevineyards.com) will provide guests with local Che’vre from Mystery Bay Farm and a five-cheese gourmet pasta dish paired with its Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Chardonnay, Dry Riesling, two new Rose’ wines and its Reds.
• Eaglemount Winery/Cidery, 1893 S. Jacob Miller Road, Port Townsend (eagle mountwinery.com) will pair its Ginger Peach cider, its Raptor and Tempranillo wines and new vintages with Poulsbo’s Crimson Cove smoked cheeses and a mix of Mt. Townsend Creamery’s cheeses.
• Port Townsend Vineyards, 215 Taylor St., Port Townsend (www.port townsendvineyards.com) is partnering with Chimacum Valley Dairy to highlight its handmade goat cheese with the winery’s 2017 Sangiovese, 2018 Pinot Gris and Discovery White.
• Fairwinds Winery, 1984 W. Hastings Ave., Port Townsend (www.fairwind swinery.com) will offer cheese from around the world paired with its Port O’Call, Cabernet Sauvignon, Gewürztraminer and other wines.
For more about the tour, visit www.olympic peninsulawineries.org.