PORT TOWNSEND — The University Women’s Foundation of Jefferson County is accepting applications for its scholarships to universities, community and technical schools.
Applications are due by March 5.
The scholarships include:
• The Elmira K. Beyer Endowed Scholarship of $11,000 is awarded annually to a woman from East Jefferson County who has completed at least one year of university study and wishes to continue her education.
An additional $8,500 scholarship based on the same criteria will also be awarded this year.
• The Constance Anna Pash award of $4,450 goes to women already in college pursuing STEM degrees.
• The Lisa T. Painter Endowed Scholarship of $6,700 is for women who plan to study law, fine arts or health care disciplines and is open to graduating high school seniors and women already in college.
• The UWF Environmental Scholarship of $3,000 is for women who wish to study environmental science and is open to graduating high school seniors and women already in college.
• The 2021 High School Scholarships are awards of $4,000 given to one student each from Port Townsend, Chimacum and Quilcene high schools.
• One or more Technical Career Scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded to women from East Jefferson County who wish to pursue their education at an accredited technical school or community college.
For more information, email the foundation at [email protected].
The foundation is an affiliate of the American Association of University Women — Port Townsend.