PORT ANGELES — The Port Angeles Community Players will conduct tryouts for an upcoming production of “The Haunting of Hill House” at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Auditions will be at the Port Angeles Community Playhouse, 1235 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
The drama, which was adapted for the stage by F. Andrew Leslie from the novel by Shirley Jackson, tells the story of a diverse group of people who come together to investigate the history of Hill House.
The play will be in production from Feb. 24 through March 12. Rehearsals will begin in early January.
Director Kathy Balducci is looking for four women and three men ages 20 and older to play the following roles:
• Dr. Montague — Investigator of the supernatural, distinguished, in his 40s to 60s
• Eleanor — Shy recluse, 20s to 40s
• Theadora — A creature of mood and sudden impulse, 20s to 40s
• Luke Sanderson — Charming heir to Hill House, 30s to 40s
• Mrs. Dudley — Stern, uncommunicative housekeeper, 60s
• Mrs. Montague — Formidable and overpowering, 40s to 60s
• Arthur Parker — Meek but intense, 40s to 60s
Copies of the play are available to read at the Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St.
For more information, phone director Balducci at 360-457-0500.