Festivals at both ends of the North Olympic Peninsula — Clallam Bay’s Fun Days and Port Hadlock’s Hadlock Days — continue today.
The weather Saturday was sunny and warm in both places on Saturday.
Both communities watched parades.
Clallam Bay also enjoyed fiddlers and fireworks, among other activities, while in Port Hadlock, the biggest draw was the first-ever lawnmower race.
Schedules for today are as follows:
* 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: Messy Palettes Art Show, Sekiu community center.
* 10 a.m.: Fun run (sign-up at 9 a.m.), across from Cove Restaurant.
* Noon: Clallam Bay School alumni/family reunion potluck, Lion’s Den.
* 5 p.m.: Pop Maneval Crib Tournament, breakwater.
Fun Days button No. 5, plus back-issue buttons, will be available throughout the festival at the Fund Days Booth.
* 7:30 a.m.: Firemen’s pancake breakfast, Kivley Center
* 11 a.m.: Family fun run and games, H.J. Carroll Park
* Noon: Barbecue lunch with concert by the Captain Fever Band, park.
* 1 p.m.: Classic car show and power run, park.
* 3 p.m.: Lawnmower race award presentations.
Also: Bookmobile, Pot of Gold raffle