Regional brewers and vintners, having bottled the flavors of autumn, this weekend invite area residents and visitors to experience the essences they have captured during the annual Harvest Wine & Cider Tour.
During the self-guided tour — taking place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today, Saturday and Sunday — Olympic Peninsula Wineries encourage participants to fan out across the North Olympic Peninsula to visit nine cideries and wineries from Chimacum to Port Angeles and taste their custom concoctions.
Advance tickets are $35 and available online at http://tinyurl.com/PDN-2016-WineTour. Tickets also will be available at the door of each venue for $40.
A commemorative wine glass, wine tasting and food pairings are included in the ticket price.
Visitors without tour tickets will be charged a $7 tasting fee at each winery. Children are permitted in the tasting rooms; however visitors must be 21 or older to purchase tickets and participate in wine tasting.
Event organizers encourage those imbibing to employ a designated driver. Designated drivers will be offered other beverages to drink and are invited to enjoy all cheese samples at each winery.
The tour is organized by Olympic Peninsula Wineries, a group of hands-on vintners, according to www.olympicpeninsulawineries.org.
“Fall is spectacular on the Olympic Peninsula,” said Vicki Corson, Olympic Peninsula Wineries president.
“The Harvest Tour Weekend is a great opportunity to get away, taste some fantastic new wines and discover delicious new pairings for your holiday table.”
Visitors will be greeted by signature scarecrows at each winery.
In addition to alcoholic brews, the event will include live music and a chance to sample locally harvested oysters, foraged mushrooms, wild-caught smoked salmon croquettes and turkey pumpkin chili.
Those with a sweet tooth also can get their fix by digging into fresh apple cake and other seasonal sweets, or sampling hot cider cocktails, cranberry mead and cranberry jubilee wine.
• Finnriver Farm & Cidery, 124 Center Road in Chimacum; 360-732-4337; www.finnriver.com.
• Marrowstone Vineyards, 423 Meade Road off state Highway 16 in Nordland; 360-385-5239; www.marrowstonevineyards.com.
• FairWinds Winery, 1984 W. Hastings Ave., Port Townsend; 360-385-6899; www.fairwindswinery.com.
• Alpenfire Cider, 220 Pocket Lane, Port Townsend; 360-379-8915; www.alpenfirecider.com.
• Eaglemount Wine and Cider, 1893 S. Jacob Miller Road, Port Townsend; 360-732-4084; www.eaglemountwinery.com.
• Wind Rose Cellars, 143 W. Washington St., Sequim; 360-358-5469; www.windrosecellars.com. The Malcolm Clark Trio will perform live from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday.
• Olympic Cellars Winery, 255410 U.S. Highway 101 between Port Angeles and Sequim; 360-452-0160; www.olympic cellars.com.
• Camaraderie Cellars, 334 Benson Road, Port Angeles; 360-417-3564; www.camaraderiecellars.com.
• Harbinger Winery, 2358 W. U.S. Highway 101, Port Angeles; 360-452-4262; www.harbingerwinery.com.
For more information about the tour, visit www.olympicpeninsulawineries.org.