FORKS — Whether waving the flag for Team Edward or Team Jacob, diehard Twilight series fans of all loyalties are welcome at the 2016 Forever Twilight celebration this weekend in Forks.
The annual gathering, held the weekend closest to fictional character Bella’s birthday Sept. 13, celebrates the Twilight franchise of vampire-themed fantasy romance novels by author Stephenie Meyer — and accompanying movies starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner.
The four books center around Isabella “Bella” Swan, who moves to Forks from Phoenix and falls in love with a 104-year-old vampire named Edward Cullen, who appears to be 17.
A love triangle develops with the introduction of Jacob Black, a werewolf.
Forever Twilight festivities this year began Wednesday and continue through Sunday, with highlights including a Vampire Habitat Walk through the Hoh Rain Forest today; a Twilight Bazaar, tour of Forks High School and Masquerade Ball on Saturday; and 5K run and festival afterparty Sunday.
Many events are free.
Preordered tickets, such as the Very Important Twilighters (VIT) tickets, were to be picked up Thursday. Most were sold by then, according to the Forks Chamber of Commerce. No tickets will be sold during the event, according to http://tinyurl.com/pdn-twilightschedule.
The celebration is organized by the Forks Chamber of Commerce as well as a group of event planners based in Forks, across the country and abroad.
“We’re thrilled to welcome our fandom family back to the town chosen by Stephenie Meyer as the home for her vampire family and her lonely high school girl who we followed into their world,” event organizers said in a news release.
“Forks will forever be the home of Twilight.”
Here’s the schedule of events:
• 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. — Blakeslee’s Bar &Grill, 1222 S. Forks Ave.; Meet the Olympic Coven Breakfast; $15.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Leppell’s Twilight Central, 130 S. Spartan Ave.; Twilight Crafting Fair; entry by donation.
• 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. — Hoh Rain Forest Visitor Center, end of Upper Hoh Road; Vampire Habitat Walk; ONP entry fee of $20 per private vehicle.
• 11 a.m to 6 p.m. — Forks Community Center, 91 Maple Ave.; the Twilight Saga Auction Preview; free.
• Noon to 5 p.m. — Across from the Rainforest Arts Center, 35 N. Forks Ave.; American Red Cross Bloodmobile; register in advance at 800-RED-CROSS (733-2767) or www.redcrossblood.org using sponsor code “TwilightForks.”
• Noon to 6 p.m. — Forks Library, 171 S. Forks Ave.; Bella’s Book Sale by Friends of Forks Library; free entry.
• 8 p.m. to Midnight — Rainforest Arts Center; the Fandom Family Party; VIT ticket or $50 a la carte.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Rainforest Arts Center Plaza; Twilight Bazaar; free to shop.
• 10 a.m. — Forks High School, 261 Spartan Ave.; annual Forks Fandom Family Photo; free to participate.
• 10:30 a.m. to noon — Forks High; Forever Twilight in Forks Costume Contest; free, with preregistration required.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Forks Community Center; the Twilight Saga Auction Preview; free.
• Noon to 2 p.m. — Forks High; tour of the school with the Olympic Coven; free.
• Noon to 2 p.m. — Sully’s Drive-In, 220 N. Forks Ave.; Meet ‘N’ Eat hosted by Booktubers Natasha Polis and Christine Riccio; menu prices.
• Noon to 6 p.m. — Forks Library; Bella’s Book Sale by Friends of Forks Library; free entry.
• 2 p.m. to 4:10 p.m. — Forks High; Watch-Along and Panel Question and Answer; free.
• 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. — Forks High Auxiliary Gym; the Alpha Males presents United Nations Coastal Jam; free.
• 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. — Rainforest Arts Center, 35 N. Forks Ave.; dinner with The Volturi; VIT ticket or $50 a la carte.
• 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. — Rainforest Arts Center; A Night in Volterra Masquerade Ball; VIT ticket or $75 a la carte.
• 10 a.m. to noon — Fern Acres, 1154 Big Burn Place; Bella’s Brunch, with Family Farewell Photo at 11:30 a.m.; VIT ticket or $50 a la carte.
• 1 p.m. — Forks Outfitters patio, 950 S. Forks Ave.; Bella’s Birthday Cake; free.
• 1:30p.m. to 3 p.m. — The Miller Tree Inn, 654 E. Division St.; guided tour of the honorary Cullen House; free.
• 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. — Elk Creek Conservation Area, Calawah Way; Forever Twilight in Forks 5K Fun Run; registration at 3 p.m.; $10 donation.
• 9 p.m. to midnight — Blakeslee’s Bar & Grill, 1222 S. Forks Ave.; Festival Afterparty; no cover charge; for those 21 and older.
For more, visit www.forkswa.com.
Features Editor Chris McDaniel can be reached at 360-452-2345, ext. 56650, or at [email protected] peninsuladailynews.com.