PORT TOWNSEND — Try your hand at tactical croquet, catch a burlesque show or sip a beer while listening to a busker at the Brass Screw Consortium, a three-day steampunk event that returns after a two-year pandemic hiatus and runs Friday through Sunday.
Live music, a fashion show, a bazaar, an exhibition of steampunk art and inventions and a treasure hunt, among other offerings, will be held in various venues around Port Townsend.
The Cotton Building, 607 Water St., is the site for ticket pickup as well as live music and the Boat Bar.
A full slate of events with a steampunk flavor can be found at www.brass-screw.org.
Nathan Barnett, the director of Olympic Peninsula Steam, a nonprofit based in Port Townsend that organizes Brass Screw Consortium, described steampunk as “a sense of an older time with a bit of whimsy uninhibited by science, physics or reality.”
Think Victorian garb with a sci-fi twist.
VIP tickets to the event are sold out, but general admission passes are still available at eventbrite.com (enter “Brass Screw Consortium”). Children 12 and younger are admitted free.
Tickets can be picked up starting Friday at the Cotton Building.
A number of events are free and open to the public, including the Bazaar of the Bizarre, Faction Tug-o-War and Tactical Croquet.
Event highlights include:
• Grand Opening Ceremony, Saturday, Pope Marine Building.
• Steampunk Den of Iniquities, Friday, 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. (21 and older), American Legion Hall, 209 Monroe St.
• Steampunk Fashion Show, Saturday, 2 p.m., American Legion Hall.
• Saturday Night Hootenanny, Saturday, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. (21 and older), American Legion Hall.
• Bazaar of the Bizarre, Friday, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday, June 19, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; all at Northwest Maritime Center, 431 Water St.
• Live music, Saturday, noon to 6 p.m., Boat Bar, 601 Water St.
• Bodgers’ Grande Exhibition Hall, Friday, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Pope Marine Building.
• Lectures, Saturday, noon to 4 p.m., Maritime Center Annex, 431 Water St.
• Tea Dueling, Saturday, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Maritime Center Atrium, 431 Water St.
• Silent Auction, Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Cotton Building.
• Tea Dueling, Saturday, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Maritime Center Vendor Hall, 431 Water St.
• Tactical Croquet, Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Pope Marine Park.
• Scavenger Hunt, Saturday, 1 p.m., Pope Marine Park.
• Nerf Wars, Saturday, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., Pope Marine Park.
• Faction Tug-o-War, Saturday, 4 p.m.
• Promenade up Water Street, Sunday, 11 a.m.; meet at Cotton Building Plaza.
• Closing Ceremony, Sunday, 2 p.m., Cotton Building Plaza.
Paula Hunt can be reached at 360-425-2345, ext. 50583, or by email at [email protected]