PORT TOWNSEND — Saltfire Theatre, a new theater company in East Jefferson County, will present “All in the Timing,” beginning Thursday.
The play at Vintage by Port Townsend Vineyards, 725 Water St., will run through Sunday, as well as May 18-21. Curtain time will be 7:30 p.m.
Tickets can be pre-purchased online at saltfire theatre.org. They range from $10 to $20, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds. There are pay-what-you-wish options at the door.
“Featuring five diverse one-act comedies, David Ives’ ‘All in the Timing’ is a witty, romantic, absurd, and existentially-minded evening of theatre,” said Genevieve Barlow, Saltfire Theatre board member, in a press release.
All In the Timing is directed by Genevieve Barlow and features a cast of 13 local actors, many of whom are familiar faces for Jefferson County audiences who saw Saltfire’s inaugural 2022 production of “As You Like It.”
The separate one-act plays are intended to be performed as a set. They are:
• The Philadelphia, in which a man discovers that he’s entered a strange pocket of the universe where the only way to get what he wants is to ask for the opposite.
• Words, Words, Words takes the infinite monkey theorem — the idea that given enough time, three monkeys in a room could eventually compose any given text, including Shakespeare’s Hamlet — and turns it into reality.
• The Universal Language, in which a shy young woman places her faith in her fraudulent language tutor, who is changed for the better when he discovers the language they share: not the made-up Unamunda that he professes to be fluent in, but rather the language of love.
• Sure Thing, in which a couple on a first date has the opportunity to reset and try again each time they say the wrong thing.
• Variations on the Death of Leon Trotsky presents the famous Marxist waxing poetical and dying, over and over and over again.
Saltfire is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that survives on donations. For information, call 360-301-8865 or email email@example.com.