Performances will take place at venues throughout Port Townsend on Thursday for the Make Music Port Townsend.
The schedule is as follows:
Cotton Building, 609 Washington St. — Make Music Day headquarters.
• 11 a.m. — Headquarters doors open. Printed schedules available.
• 11:30 a.m. – Opening ceremonial song and drum circle.
• 12:15 p.m. – Songwriters’ Meet-Up and song swap circle indoors.
• 1:15 p.m. to 2 p.m. — Workshops to be announced.
• 2 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.— Student recitals and concert of emerging artists.
• 3:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. – Wild Rose Chorale.
• 4:15 p.m. — Tribute to Andy Mackie, founder of the Andy Mackie Foundation, which provided musical education programs in Jefferson County.
He died in 2011 of heart problems.
• 4:30 p.m. — second annual Andy Mackie Memorial Harmonica Blow-Out.
Free Hohner harmonicas to first 100 participants and beginners’ lesson with George Yount.
• 5:30 p.m. — Improv and a surprise, pending confirmation.
• 6:15 p.m. to 7:30p.m.— A Cappella Zone opens.
• 6:15 p.m.— Vocal warm-ups and brief lesson.
• 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.— Shanty Sing with Jay Hagar and Chris Gilbert.
• 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. — A Cappella Circle Sing.
• 7:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.— Micaela Kingslight.
• 8 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.— Daniel Deardorff and Judith-Kate Friedman with special guest.
• 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. — Grand Finales with all festival artists. Finale dedicated to Marcia Perlstein. Free songbooks.
Crossroads Music – 2100 Lawrence St.
• 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. – Beginning harmonica group lesson with Yount. Free Hohner harmonicas to first 20 students.
• 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Beginning ukulele lesson with Yount. Free Alfred Music Uke Songbooks to first 20 jammers.
• 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.— Banjo and guitar lessons. More to be announced.
• Noon to 1:30 p.m. – Acoustic community blue jam with Midnight Train Blues Band.
• 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. — Sound drumming with Adrienne — Ashiko hand drums provided.
Port Townsend Visitors Center, 2409 E. Jefferson St.
• 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. — Late Lunch World Music Jam.
The Boiler Room, 711 Water St.
• 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. — Make Electronic Music Day with a DJ, turntable demos, synthesizer demos and Digital Audio Workstations.
Guests are welcome to bring drum machines, synths, noisy toys, pedals, experiments and pedals. Acoustic but processed, experimental or modern rhythm/dance/loop/pattern based music also welcome. A piano is available.
Key City Public Theatre at the Playhouse, 419 Washington St.
• 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Details to be announced. A piano is available.
Bear Root Apothecary & Wellness Center, 1002 Lawrence St.
Curated by Camelia Jade of Strong Sun Moon. Featuring Simon DeVoil. Time to be announced.
Gatehouse Studio — 1417 Washington St.
• 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. — “Monk & Beyond” featuring Bob Francis with Michael Townsend. More to be announced. A piano is available.
Studio of Kathy Francis – 1417 Washington St.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Songbath Experiences with the Port Townsend Threshold Choir.
Huber’s Inn, 1421 Landes St.
Open for music making, front porch impromptu house concerts, and poetry and music jam space throughout the day.
• 2:30 p.m. — Song Circle under the grape arbor with Laura Martin.
Rainshadow Recording, Fort Worden at the end of Battery Way.
Times and details to be announced.
Port Townsend Vineyards, 2640 W. Sims Way
• Noon to 7 p.m. — Details to be announced.
Haller Fountain, Washington and Taylor streets.
• 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. — Ukuleles Unite to kick off the summer season with a grand jam facilitated by Yount and “Chicago” Bob Longmire.
Pete Lack and others will talk about music-making and host live music+conversations. Show times and details to be announced.
Spice and Tea Exchange artist’s loft, 929 Water St.
• 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. — Suzanne Jones and her partner will host, play guitar and sing. Other musicians are invited to join in or play individually. There will also be an ongoing community collage making project going on in the space that anyone can participate in. (This space is not ADA accessible).
The Bishop Hotel, 714 Washington St.
• Noon to 6 p.m. — Acoustic performances and old time music jams.
Make Music Day-PT is made possible with support from the Port Townsend Arts Commission, the Jubilation Foundation, the Washington State Arts Commission and community donors.