The Sequim City Band’s Fourth of July concert Tuesday will serve as the Music in the Park event this coming week.
The Concert on the Pier will not be held in Port Angeles this Wednesday because of the Fourth of July celebration the preceding day.
Port Townsend’s Concerts on the Dock will begin July 13, when Joy in Mudville will perform, but residents can enjoy a free outdoor concert by the Port Townsend Summer Band on Tuesday.
Here is more information on the free summertime shows:
Music in the Park
This Tuesday, the Sequim City Band will perform at 3 p.m. at the James Center for the Performing Arts at Carrie Blake Park, 350 N. Blake Ave.
All other Tuesdays through Aug. 29, concerts sponsored by the city of Sequim will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Attendees are encouraged to cozy up with chairs, blankets and picnic dinners at the James Center for the Performing Arts.
The Aug. 8 show will not feature any one performer; many voices are encouraged to participate in Sequim’s annual karaoke night. It is back this year by popular demand, the city said.
The lineup, which can be found at www.sequimwa.gov, for the rest of the summer is:
• July 11 — Joy in Mudville; folk.
• July 18 — Lukas Rose Quartet; country with swing.
• July 25 — Craig Buhler Quartet; jazz.
• Aug. 1 — Blue Rhinos; dance blues infused with Latin and funk.
• Aug. 8 — Annual Karaoke Night.
• Aug. 15 — Caribe Steel Band; steel drum band.
• Aug. 22 — Navy Band of the Northwest; popular music.
• Aug. 29 — Stardust Big Band; Big Band era music.
Concerts on the Pier
Concerts on the Pier, organized by the Port Angeles Regional Chamber of Commerce, will take a hiatus this Wednesday but return the following week on City Pier.
Concerts will be offered every Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. throughout the summer until Sept. 20.
Audience members are encouraged to bring blankets or chairs to the informal, family-friendly performances. No smoking is permitted on City Pier.
The lineup, which can be found at www.portangeles.org, for the rest of the summer is:
• July 12 — The Fabulous Murphtones; rock ’n’ roll from ’60s to ’90s.
• July 19 — Fox & Bones; folk pop duo with a hint of soul.
• July 26 — The Olson Bros Band; pop country.
• Aug. 2 — Black Diamond Junction; classic rock and country.
• Aug. 9 — Blue Rhinos; blues.
• Aug. 16 — Testify; classic rock, blues and Southern rock.
• Aug. 23 — Black Door Alley; folk rock.
• Aug. 30 — Geoffrey Castle; violin virtuoso.
• Sept. 6 — The Olympic Express; big-band sound.
• Sept. 13 — Black Rock; classic rock.
• Sept. 20 — Ranger & the “Re-Arrangers”; Gypsy jazz and swing.
The Port Townsend Summer Band will perform its annual Independence Day concert at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the American Legion Post 26, 209 Monroe St.
During this 25th season of the band, the future schedule is:
• July 30 — 3 p.m., Chetzemoka Park.
• Aug. 19 — 11 a.m., Uptown Fair.
• Aug. 27 — 3 p.m., Chetzemoka Park.
• Nov. 11 — 10:30 a.m., American Legion Post 26.