QUILCENE — A three-day music festival at Lake Leland Amphitheater in Quilcene begins Friday.
Departure Fest NW tickets, which are limited to 1,200, are available at https://kalan wolfeandtheshift.com/ departurefestnw for the musical festival — which also includes camping, craft vendors and food — at the amphitheater at 260 Munn Road in Quilcene.
Kalan Wolfe and Keely Crow-Ka, founders of Departure Fest Northwest, have lined up an array of musical acts ranging from folk, hip-hop, funk, rock, bluegrass and reggae. The two said all are tied together by a common message of social justice and environmental awareness, organizers said.
Featured artists include WookieFoot, Nattali Rize, Torin Frost & Patterns of Saturn, Kalan Wolfe & The Shift, Elias Alexander (Ramblxr), Max Ribner, Sierra Marin, Jus Wright, Aaron Hale & The Human Beings, Locust Street Taxi, Three Wheels Turning, Lujah, Ember Brightheart and DJ Lunch Lady, as well as storytelling with Aimee Ringle.
Organizers also seek donations for the Chemakum Longhouse Project of Jefferson County.
Wolfe and Crow-Ka perform in their multigenerational family band, The Shift. The two plan in the future to purchase their own land in Jefferson County for the event, allowing room for more attendees and expanding to a four-day festival.
Here is the schedule:
• 9 a.m. — Gates open.
• 12:30 p.m. — DJ Lunch Lady.
• 2:30 p.m. — Sierra Marin.
• 4 p.m. — Jus Wright.
• 5:30 p.m. — Locust Street Taxi.
• 7:30 p.m. — Rambxr.
• 9:30 p.m. — Patterns of Saturn.
• Noon — Andy Fischer-Price.
• 1:30 p.m. — Three Wheels Turning.
• 3:30 p.m. — Aaron Hale & The Human Beings.
• 5:30 p.m. — Nattali Rize.
• 7:30 p.m. — Kalan Wolfe & The Shift.
• 9:30 p.m. — Wookiefoot.
• 10 a.m. — Max Ribner.
• 11:10 a.m. — Aimee Ringle (storyteller).
• 12:15 p.m. — Ember Brightheart.
• 1 p.m. — Closing Ceremony.
• 2 p.m. — Raffle.