QUILCENE — “The Roots We Treasure” is the theme of the 35th annual Quilcene Fair and Parade set for Saturday.
The fair will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the Quilcene School grounds at 294715 U.S. Highway 101.
Vendors, live music, games, art, crafts, a carnival, salmon barbecue, belt sander races and a parade are all planned, along with free music and dance entertainment.
Proceeds from the fair will go to Dollars for Scholars, the Quilcene and Brinnon food banks and other charitable organizations, said organizer Bonnie McDaniel.
Live music will be performed by the Old Time Fiddlers from noon to 2 p.m. and by Cavort from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Worthington Mansion tours will be provided by the Quilcene Museum from noon to 3 p.m. Gather just west of the Quilcene Museum on Columbia Street for the tours.
Salmon barbecue lunches will be offered by the Quilcene Booster Club on school grounds.
Here is the rest of the schedule:
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Car and Motorcycle Show, across U.S. Highway 101 just north of the school.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Arts and crafts show, Quilscenery, master gardeners, fair raffles and silent auction, in the exhibit hall (the school gym).
• 11 a.m. — Parade down Highway 101 with a community photo taken immediately afterward at Peninsula Foods.
• Noon to 4 p.m. — Children’s entertainment on school grounds.
• Noon — First heat of belt sander races, on school grounds.
• Noon to 4 p.m. — Stroll through the school garden at the southwest corner of the campus.
• Noon to 3 p.m. — Tour of Worthington Mansion.
• 1 p.m. — Football game — Quilcene vs. Crescent — in the football field.
• 3 p.m. — Belt sander race finals, on school grounds.
• 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. — Rock Your Roots Community Dance, all ages, Quilcene Community Center. $3 per person and $5 per couple.
For more information, see www.quilcenefair.com.