FORKS — Forks, plus a flood of “Twilight” fans, will celebrate a birthday and anniversary this weekend.
This year’s Forever in Twilight Festival, #Eclipse10, celebrates the birthday of fictional character Bella Swan and the 10th anniversary of the third film in the “Twilight” saga.
Some 800 to 1,000 fans were expected in Forks for the festival.
The closure of U.S. Highway 101 didn’t slow the flood, said Lissy Andros, executive director of the Forks Chamber of Commerce.
“It’s been packed this week” for the pre-festival events, she said. “People had reservations, so they just took the detour” around state Highway 112.
All things “Twilight” are on tap now until Sunday.
You can meet “Twilight” saga actors, view the world’s largest collection of “Twilight” saga costumes and props, and paint “Eclipse”-inspired keepsakes.
To some, it’s like a family reunion. (Take note of the events with “family” in the title).
Very Important Twilighters — those with VIT tickets, for which the deadline for purchasing has passed — will be treated to dinner catered by Bella Italia, Fandom Family and Saturday night parties, an Engagement Celebration Brunch, a Fandom Family Photo and a Family Farewell Photo.
Events involving meals have sold-out, Andros said, but tickets to the parties tonight and Saturday night are still available.
They can be purchased at the Forks Visitor Center at 1411 S. Forks Ave. between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. today and Saturday. No tickets will be sold at the door.
And those who miss meeting actors Jackson Rathbone, Chaske Spencer and Michael Welch — Jasper Hale, Sam Uley and Mike Newton in the films, respectively — at Saturday’s signing event can meet them at the party that night.
Several other events benefit Forks, Quileute and national organizations or offer free weekend entertainment.
A school supply drive today from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. will outfit students at Quileute Tribal School and in the Quillayute Valley School District with paper, pencils, erasers, rulers, glue sticks, binders, scissors, folders and backpacks.
Victoria’s Army 5K Fun Run today from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. benefits the United Way of Clallam County. The course — Reade Hill Trail — requires approximately an hour and 30 minutes to complete if you opt for the 5K. Or you can commit to less time if you choose the 2.5K version. Organizers admit the course will be more difficult than last year’s. Register at the trailhead for $10.
Declare your affinity for #TeamEdward by donating blood to the American Red Cross on Saturday. During “Forks High School Day,” Forks High School seniors Savanah Norbisrath and Amber Hoagland will welcome you to the blood drive in Room 203 in the high school from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Concessions available throughout “Forks High School Day” go toward the senior parents who organize “Senior Safe Night,” a safe send-off party held on graduation night.
A traditional salmon bake Saturday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. will fundraise for Quileute New Life Recovery Team. Dinner for $12, limited to the first 100 attendees, will include a generous serving of local salmon, potato salad, beans and a roll.
Forever Twilight in Forks also offers several free options for weekend entertainment.
You can peruse the Twilight Bazaar, featuring arts, crafts and other wares inspired by the “Twilight” saga, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday outside the Rainforest Arts Center.
A collection of screen-worn costumes and movie props is free to view on display in the Rainforest Arts Center today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
They include Jacob Black’s motorcycle; costumes worn by actors Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner; Jacob’s letter to Bella; Sam Uley’s jorts; props from Bella and Edward’s wedding; and the “Twilight” book series in several languages.
The memorabilia drew international interest when China Central Television filmed a segment on the collection after a Forks Chamber of Commerce meeting May 24.
Free line dance lessons will take place at the Forks Elk Lodge today from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Watch Bella and the Cullens graduate at Forks High School at 10 a.m. Saturday and bring your own cap and gown for the annual Forks Fandom Family Photo at 10:40 a.m.
Then don your favorite “Twilight”-related attire for a costume contest, free to enter until 9:45 a.m. Saturday. The contest takes place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. that day at the high school and awards the most authentic, most original, best duo/group and best overall costumes.
From 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., you can tour Forks High School with no ordinary tour guides. The Olympic Coven will lead you through the biology lab, cafeteria and gym.
Then cozy up for a free screening of “Eclipse.” It starts at 2:15 p.m. in the high school. One attendee will win the shown DVD itself, plus a Forks High School movie license certificate.
The full schedule today through Sunday is:
• 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. — Meet the Olympic Coven Breakfast; Forks Elks Lodge, 941 Merchants Road; $15. Sold-out.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Twilight Bazaar; Rainforest Arts Center Plaza, 35 N. Forks Ave.; free to shop.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — FTF Collection preview & quilt display; Rainforest Arts Center Alcove, 11 N. Forks Ave.; free.
• 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Line dance lessons; Forks Elks Lodge; free.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Party ticket pickup, 1411 S. Forks Ave.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — School supply drive, 1411 S. Forks Ave.
• 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. — Victoria’s Army 5K Fun Run hosted by Welch; DNR Reade Hill Trail, park at Forks Airport; $10, preregister at FTF Welcome to Forks on Thursday or from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the trailhead.
• 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. — Pre-graduation Bella Italia dinner at “The Lodge”; Rainforest Arts Center; included in VIT ticket. Sold-out.
• 8:15 p.m. to midnight — The Fandom Family Party Pre-Graduation Celebration and VIT signing event; Rainforest Arts Center; VIT Ticket or $50. No tickets sold at the door.
• 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. — Costume contest registration; FHS Commons; free.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Spartan Store; FHS Commons; all proceeds benefit Associated Student Body.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Concession stand; FHS; off the menu.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. — American Red Cross blood drive, FHS Room 203.
• 10 a.m. — Forks High School graduation ceremony, FHS Commons; free.
• 10:30 a.m. — Annual Forks Fandom Family Photo; FHS Commons; photos available for purchase online.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Party ticket pickup, 1411 S. Forks Ave.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — FTF costume contest; FHS Commons; free.
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. — Tour Forks High School with the Olympic Coven; FHS; free.
• 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. — “Twilight” saga actor signing event featuring Rathbone, Spencer and Welch; FHS near the library; $125. Sold-out.
• 2:15 p.m. to 4:20 p.m. — Watch-Along; FHS Commons; free.
• 4 p.m.to 5 p.m. — FTF Paint & Sip; Upper Left Studio, 81 N. Forks Ave., Suite A; $37. Sold-out.
• 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. — FTF Collection preview & quilt display; Rainforest Arts Center Alcove, 11 N. Forks Ave.; free.
• 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. — Traditional salmon bake fundraiser; Ki’tla Center Roundhouse at 100 La Push Road; $12 per dinner and limited to first 100.
• 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 pm. — United Nations Coastal Jam — traditional drumming and singing with the coastal tribes; Ki’tla Center Roundhouse; free.
• 9 p.m. to midnight — Fire and Ice Gala; Rainforest Arts Center; VIT ticket or $100. No tickets sold at the door.
• 10 a.m. to noon. — Bella and Edward’s Engagement Celebration Brunch, Fern Acres. No regular parking available at venue, so park at Forks Elks Lodge; VIT ticket. Sold-out.
• 1 to 3 p.m. — Vampire Central FTF cosplayer appreciation event; Miller Tree Inn, 654 E. Division St.; free.
• 4 p.m. — Rialto Beach hike with Spencer; Rialto Beach, Mora Road; free.
• 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. — Meet ’N’ Eat at the Treaty Line with Spencer; Three Rivers Resort, 7764 La Push Road; off the menu.
• 9 p.m. to midnight — Festival afterparty; Blakeslee’s Bar & Grill, 1222 S. Forks Ave.; no cover, 21 and older.
For more information, visit www.forkswa.com.