PORT ANGELES — The First Federal Community Foundation has awarded 15 grants to nonprofits in Clallam, Jefferson, Kitsap and Whatcom counties.
Five grants are in Clallam County, while three are in Jefferson County.
In addition, the foundation awarded a $5,000 Community Support Grant for “nonprofit training programs that build capacity” in Clallam, Jefferson and Kitsap counties.
“First Federal Community Foundation recognizes the positive impact these organizations have within our communities,” said David Flodstrom, foundation board chairman.
“We are proud to help them reach their goals, strengthening our communities and improving the quality of life for all of us.”
Here are the grants announced last week:
• Peninsula Housing Authority — $45,000 Community Development Grant for construction of a new playground for the Mount Angeles View campus in Port Angeles.
• Volunteers in Medicine of the Olympics — $30,000 Community Development Grant for expansion of the agency’s medical clinic in Port Angeles.
• Helen Haller Elementary School in the Sequim School District — $11,000 Community Support Grant for the 2017 Summer Reading Program.
• Joyce Fire Department Auxiliary — $5,000 Community Support Grant for the Joyce Emergency Planning and Preparation Group’s emergency preparedness initiative.
• New Dungeness Light Station Association — $5,000 Community Support Grant for improvements to interior and exterior signage and interpretive panels at the Dungeness Lighthouse in Sequim.
• Habitat for Humanity of East Jefferson County — $50,000 Affordable Housing Grant for the South County Home Repair Program.
• Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding — $25,000 Economic Development Grant for capital improvements to the Hammond Shop classroom in Port Hadlock.
• Skillmation — $7,500 Community Support Grant for website upgrades to support mentoring programs in Jefferson County.
• Habitat for Humanity in Whatcom County — $50,000 Affordable Housing Grant for construction of 24 townhomes for 120 low-income working adults and children.
• Skookum Kids — $25,000 Community Development Grant for capital improvements to the agency’s indoor playground and cafe in Bellingham.
• The Coffee Oasis — $25,000 Affordable Housing Grant to expand capacity to reach homeless and at-risk youths in Kitsap County.
• Brigid Collins Family Support Center — $6,500 Community Support Grant for capital improvements to its Bellingham facility.
• Kitsap Immigration Assistance Center — $5,000 Community Support Grant for training programs to build the agency’s capacity in Kitsap County.
• Scarlet Road — $5,000 Community Support Grant for after-care program for victims of sex trafficking/exploitation in Kitsap County.
The First Federal Community Foundation is a private 501(c)(3) charitable corporation funded with a gift of cash and stock from First Northwest Bancorp, the parent company of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Port Angeles.
The foundation provides funding for community support, affordable housing, economic development and community development in communities where First Federal operates a full-service branch.
First Federal has 12 banking centers in Clallam, Jefferson, King, Kitsap and Whatcom counties.
For more information, contact Karen McCormick at 360-417-3112 or [email protected]