• Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce — Twice-monthly breakfast meetings usually are held at 11:45 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at Sunland Golf &Country Club, 109 Hilltop Drive, Sequim.
This Tuesday’s meeting will instead be “A Picnic in the Park” at Pioneer Memorial Park, 387 W. Washington St.
The meeting’s sponsor is the Olympic Music School.
Reservations for luncheon at $15 or beverage at $3 were required by noon Friday. Phone 360-683-6197 or email [email protected] for further information.
• Forks Chamber of Commerce — Luncheon meetings are usually Wednesdays at noon at Blakeslee’s Bar &Grill, 1222 S. Forks Ave.
The chamber is on summer break.
• Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce — Twice-monthly luncheon meetings are held on the first Monday at noon at the Port Townsend Elks Lodge, 555 Otto St., and the third Monday at noon at Fort Worden Commons, 200 Battery Way.
This Monday’s program will feature Janette Force, executive director of the Port Townsend Film Festival, on the world premiere of the 2017 festival’s sizzle reel, as well as some of Force’s favorite shorts. Force also will explore which filmmakers will be working in the schools this year and how the film fest is partnering with Jefferson Healthcare, the suicide prevention league and an increasing number of businesses to help them understand and use film as a universal language.
The luncheon’s sponsor will be the WSU Farm Tour.
Lunch by Subway costs $8.
• North Hood Canal Chamber of Commerce — Representing the “Emerald Towns” of the Hood Canal, Quilcene and Brinnon, the chamber usually meets monthly on the third Monday of the month.
The chamber is on summer hiatus and will resume meeting in October.
• Port Angeles Business Association — Breakfast meetings with networking and educational programs are held Tuesdays at 7:30 a.m. at Joshua’s Restaurant, 113 DelGuzzi Drive (off U.S. Highway 101) in east Port Angeles.
This Tuesday’s meeting will be the second of eight election forums with local candidates and on local issues on the Nov. 7 general election ballot. Tuesday’s forum will feature Lindsey Schromen-Wawrin and Artur Wojnowski, candidates for nonpartisan Port Angeles City Council Position 3. The moderator will be PABA Vice President, Matthew Rainwater.
There is a $3 minimum charge by Joshua’s for those at the PABA meeting who do not order breakfast.
All of the above meetings are open to the public.
Peninsula Daily News