Voter turnout was about 34 percent in Jefferson County and nearly 20 percent in Clallam County, elections officials said Friday.
The Jefferson County Auditor’s Office reported Friday that 8,380 ballots had been returned for Tuesday’s general election.
That’s 34.3 percent of the 24,432 ballots mailed to eligible voters.
The Clallam County Auditor’s Office reported that 10,091 ballots had been returned as of Wednesday.
That’s 19.8 percent of the 51,014 eligible voters in Clallam County.
Ballots must be postmarked by Tuesday or dropped off no later than 8 p.m. that day at the following locations:
• Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. Drive-up drop boxes are provided on the circular drive and directly across from the disabled parking area.
• Clallam County Auditor’s Office in the county courthouse, Suite 1, open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
• Sequim Village Shopping Center, near the J.C. Penney store, 651 W. Washington St.
• Forks City Hall, outside near the entrance, 500 E. Division St.
• Jefferson County Courthouse, 1820 Jefferson St., Port Townsend. A drive-up drop box is provided in the parking lot to the rear of the courthouse off Franklin Street.
• Jefferson County Auditor’s Office in the county courthouse, open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
• Jefferson County Library, 620 Cedar Ave., Port Hadlock. A drive-up drop box is in the parking lot.
• Brinnon Community Center, walk-up, outside near the entrance, 306144 U.S. Highway 101.
• Quilcene Community Center, walk-up, outside near the entrance, 294952 U.S. Highway 101.
• Nordland Fire Station, drive-up, in the parking lot, 6633 Flagler Road, Nordland.