PORT TOWNSEND — Jefferson County registered voters had returned by Friday more than 34 percent of the ballots mailed July 18 in the primary election.
The Jefferson County Auditor’s Office had received 8,632 ballots as of Friday, voter registration coordinator Sandi Eldridge said.
That’s 34.39 percent of the 25,102 ballots provided to registered voters countywide.
Ballots contain return envelopes with pre-paid postage this election.
Ballots must be postmarked by Tuesday or dropped off no later than 8 p.m. that day at the following locations:
• Jefferson County Courthouse, 1820 Jefferson St., Port Townsend. A drive-up drop box is provided in the parking lot to the rear of the courthouse off Franklin Street.
• Jefferson County Auditor’s Office in the county courthouse, open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
• Jefferson County Library, 620 Cedar Ave., Port Hadlock. A drive-up drop box is in the parking lot. Access will be limited by seal coating today and Tuesday.
• Brinnon Community Center, walk-up, outside near the entrance, 306144 U.S. Highway 101.
• Quilcene Community Center, walk-up, outside near the entrance, 294952 U.S. Highway 101.
• Nordland Fire Station, drive-up, in the parking lot, 6633 Flagler Road, Nordland.
For a sample ballot and other information, see co.jefferson.wa.us/1266/Elections.