Ballots have been slow to arrive at North Olympic Peninsula election offices with six days left before the general election.
The Clallam County Auditor’s Office reported Tuesday that 8,109 ballots had been returned as of Monday.
That’s 15.9 percent of the 51,014 eligible voters in the county.
The Jefferson County Auditor’s Office had received 5,926 ballots as of Tuesday, voter registration coordinator Sandi Eldridge said.
That’s 24.27 percent of the 24,419 ballots mailed to eligible voters countywide.
Ballots must be postmarked by Tuesday or dropped off no later than 8 p.m. that day at the following locations:
• Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. Drive-up drop boxes are provided on the circular drive and directly across the from disabled parking area.
• Clallam County Auditor’s Office in the county courthouse, Suite 1, open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
• Sequim Village Shopping Center, near the J.C. Penney store, 651 W. Washington St.
• Forks City Hall, outside near the entrance, 500 E. Division St.
• Jefferson County Courthouse, 1820 Jefferson St., Port Townsend. A drive-up drop box is provided in the parking lot to the rear of the courthouse off Franklin Street.
• Jefferson County Auditor’s Office in the county courthouse, open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
• Jefferson County Library, 620 Cedar Ave., Port Hadlock. A drive-up drop box is in the parking lot.
• Brinnon Community Center, walk-up, outside near the entrance, 306144 U.S. Highway 101.
• Quilcene Community Center, walk-up, outside near the entrance, 294952 U.S. Highway 101.
• Nordland Fire Station, drive-up, in the parking lot, 6633 Flagler Road, Nordland.