PORT ANGELES — The Port Angeles Regional Chamber of Commerce has announced the winners of the Fourth of July Parade.
Prizes were awarded in three categories: outstanding float, outstanding musical entry, and thematic entry. Judges scored the entries in the staging area, as well as their performances during the parade, following criteria in the areas of workmanship, design, general effect, theme, and costume and casting.
The prizes, sponsored by Mister Buds, range from $1,000 for first place for outstanding float to $200 for second place thematic entry.
Here are the winners:
• First place, $1,000: The Answer for Youth (TAFY).
• Second place, $500: Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County.
• Third place, $200: Future Business Leaders of America.
Outstanding musical entry
• First place, $400: Zaya Marimba.
• Second place, $200: Ghostlight Productions.
• First place, $400: Olympic Peninsula/Port Angeles KOA.
• Second place, $200: Department of Natural Resources – Wildfire.
This year’s parade featured 75 entries, many of them new to the parade. The theme was Love Where You Live – The Great Outdoors.
The grand marshal was Corey Delikat, Port Angeles Parks & Recreation director.
“Congratulations to the winners, and many thanks to everyone who stepped up with extra effort to help make this year’s parade one of the best we’ve seen in the past few years,” said Marc Abshire, chamber executive director.
“The sponsorship from Mr. Buds is working. Because we are able to offer prizes, we’re seeing much more effort in creating higher quality entries. It’s a win-win-win and we’re very thankful to Mr. Buds for helping make a difference for our community.”
The chamber will contact prize winners in the next few days, and can answer any questions at 360-452-2364.