PORT ANGELES — Proposals for the city of Port Angeles’ lodging tax fund grants in 2019 are due by 5 p.m. Sept. 21.
The 2019 Lodging Tax funding program is open to nonprofit tourism organizations with the demonstrated ability to achieve such tourism goals as:
• Increasing hotel occupancy in Port Angeles by creating overnight stays.
• Increasing overnight stays during the off season.
• Providing visitor attractions and/or promoting the area’s existing attractions.
• Attracting more businesses to Port Angeles and thereby generating additional business for hotels and motels.
All applications must include estimates of how funding the activity will result in increases of people staying overnight, travelling 50 miles or more, or coming from another state or country.
Awards are dependent on recommendations of the city’s Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC). The LTAC will review, score and provide a recommendation to the City Council.
• Application completeness and appropriateness for LTAC Event Grant funding. (10 points)
• Event date in relation to peak tourist season of mid-June to mid-September. (20 points)
• Have a proven or high potential to result in overnight stays by tourists from 50 miles away or more in lodging establishments within the city. (30 points)
• Number of individuals attending or anticipated attending from 50 miles or further. (20 points)
• Value of event based on grant request and anticipated local revenue and tax generation. (20 points)
For more information and for applications, see https://tinyurl.com/ PDN-PAlodgingtax2019.