The Clallam County Physicians Community Benefit Fund has announced 2018 awards for academic scholarships in medically-related fields and medically-related community grants.
The awards total nearly $50,000.
The benefit fund was formed in 1995 when Regence BlueShield joined with Clallam County Physicians Service, Inc., a company formed by local physicians to provide health care coverage to Clallam County citizens.
The 2017-2018 academic scholarship awards total $40,500, and include:
• $5,000 — Stephanie Bechtold, Kiah Jones, Jason Kowitz, Michael Lee.
• $3,000 — Hannah Doss, Lindsey Hintz, Bailee Jones, Vernon Rondeau, Emily Wallner.
• $2,000 — Adam Raemer, Kailee Wise.
• $1,500 — Beth Volk.
The 2018 grant awards include:
• Olympic Medical Center Foundation, $1,000 — Added to the foundation’s $1 million expansion campaign of the Olympic Cancer Center.
• Peninsula Behavioral Health, $4,700 — Purchase a Philips TC20 ECG, paper and box of electrodes.
• Port Angeles School District-Lincoln High School, $1,704.05 — Purchase an automated external defibrillator.
• Port Angeles School District- Transportation Center, $363.73 — Purchase two Prestan Professional CPRAED Training Manikins and CPR Practi-Shields.