PORT ANGELES — Paint the Peninsula, in which 22 painters spread across the North Olympic Peninsula to paint en plein air, begins today.
Here is the schedule.
• Today through Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.: Dozens of paintings, freshly completed by 22 visiting plein air artists, are on display at the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center gallery. All art is available for purchase.
• Tuesday and Wednesday, 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.: Artists give plein air painting demonstrations at both the Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center, 3002 Mount Angeles Road, and outside Lake Crescent Lodge, 416 Lake Crescent Road. Look for the easel to find each artists’ location.
• Thursday, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: The awards party for artists’ paintings in Olympic National Park is open to all at the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center gallery.
• Friday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.: The annual Paint Out sends all 22 artists to Port Angeles’ City Pier and waterfront Esplanade to complete paintings within the afternoon. Art lovers are welcome to watch and attend the Paint Out awards presentation shortly after 4 p.m. on the pier.
• Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: The Port Angeles Fine Arts Center gallery continues displaying paintings by the 22 participating artists, just before the evening’s awards presentation.
• Saturday, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: The Paint the Peninsula Awards Gala features live music by Mark Owens, appetizers and desserts. Camaraderie Cellars wines will be available. Prizes totaling $12,000 will be presented for the week’s top paintings in 14 categories, and judge Eric Jacobsen will chat with guests about his selections. Tickets are $15 at www.paintthepeninsula.org/.
• Sunday, Aug. 26, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.: The Petite Painting Sale offers fresh 5-by-7-inch and 6-by-8-inch paintings from each Paint the Peninsula artist, available for purchase on this day only.
• Sunday, Aug. 26 to Tuesday, Aug. 28: Nationally known artist Eric Jacobsen teaches the 2018 plein air workshop, “Painting Northwest Color and Light.” Fee for the three-day hands-on outing is $350; details and registration are at www.paintthepeninsula.org/ via the workshops link.