The 2017 general election is today.
Ballots must be postmarked today or dropped off no later than 8 p.m. at one of several drop boxes on the North Olympic Peninsula.
The Jefferson County Auditor’s Office had received 10,224 ballots as of Monday, Voter Registration Coordinator Sandi Eldridge said.
That’s 41.85 percent of the 24,433 ballots sent to registered voters.
The Clallam County Auditor’s Office had not updated its ballot returns as of 4:30 p.m. Monday. Auditor Shoona Riggs was not immediately available for comment.
The Clallam County Auditor’s Office reported last Wednesday that 10,091 ballots had been returned.
That’s 19.8 percent of the 51,014 eligible voters in Clallam County.
Ballots can be dropped off by 8 p.m. today at the following locations:
• Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. Drive-up drop boxes are provided on the circular drive and directly across from the disabled parking area.
• Clallam County Auditor’s Office in the county courthouse, Suite 1, open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. today.
• Sequim Village Shopping Center, near the J.C. Penney store, 651 W. Washington St.
• Forks City Hall, outside near the entrance, 500 E. Division St.
• Jefferson County Courthouse, 1820 Jefferson St., Port Townsend. A drive-up drop box is provided in the parking lot to the rear of the courthouse off Franklin Street.
• Jefferson County Auditor’s Office in the county courthouse, open from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. today.
• Jefferson County Library, 620 Cedar Ave., Port Hadlock. A drive-up drop box is in the parking lot.
• Brinnon Community Center, walk-up, outside near the entrance, 306144 U.S. Highway 101.
• Quilcene Community Center, walk-up, outside near the entrance, 294952 U.S. Highway 101.
• Nordland Fire Station, drive-up, in the parking lot, 6633 Flagler Road, Nordland.
Auditor’s offices in both counties have voting terminals available for those who are disabled.