PORT ANGELES — A fire damaged a house in Port Angeles last week.
The Port Angeles Fire Department quickly extinguished the blaze at 802 S. I St. on Thursday afternoon, PAFD Lt. Andrew Cooper said.
No one inside
The house was unoccupied when crews arrived.
“It appeared to start in the kitchen area,” Cooper said.
“It was contained pretty much to the kitchen, but there was smoke damage throughout.”
Firefighters arrived to find a neighbor using a garden hose to try to extinguish the fire through the kitchen window, Cooper said.
Firefighters connected a hose to a nearby hydrant and attacked the fire through the kitchen window and made entry through a rear door, Cooper said.
The Port Angeles Fire Department arrived with a duty chief, two engines and 11 personnel.
Clallam County Fire District 2 assisted under a mutual aid agreement with the city, Cooper said.