The Port Townsend City Council will discuss a possible delay of City Manager David Timmons’ retirement when it meets at 6:30 p.m. Monday.
The workshop meeting will be in council chambers at historic City Hall, 540 Water St.
Timmons, who is scheduled to retire at the end of 2018, has suggested that he extend his services to June 2019, saying that beginning recruitment in 2018 would be disruptive to the 2018 work plan. He suggests in a memo that the council discuss this Monday and that action be set for Jan. 22.
The council also will review the capital project schedule and capital improvement plan. It will discuss stormwater management, critical areas, flood hazard regulations, sub-area plan and fire annexation.
Other city committee meetings are:
• Library Advisory Board — 3:30 p.m. Monday, special meeting at the Library Learning Center/Charles Pink House at 1256 Lawrence St.
• Lodging Tax Advisory Committee — 3 p.m. Tuesday, third-floor conference room at City Hall, 250 Madison St.
• PEG Access Coordinating Committee — 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Gael Stuart Building, 1610 Blaine St.
• City Council Stormwater Management Plan Ad Hoc Committee — 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, historic City Hall council chambers, 540 Water St.
The city planning commission meeting scheduled for Thursday has been canceled.
The three Jefferson County commissioners will hear an update on the projects completed by the Jefferson County Noxious Weed Control Board in 2017 when they meet Monday.
The board will meet at 9 a.m. in commissioners’ chambers at the Jefferson County Courthouse, 1820 Jefferson St., Port Townsend.
The noxious weed control update will be at 1:30 p.m. during the county administrator briefing session.
Items on the consent agenda include:
• Call for bids for publication of county legal notices. Bids will be accepted until 9:30 a.m. and red at 10 a.m. Monday, March 5.
• Scheduling a hearing on emergency supplemental budget appropriations at 10 Jan. 22.
• A change order adding $22,219 for a total of $216,974 in the contract with Affordable Asphalt Co., for pavement marking on county roads, which has been completed.
Brinnon parks and rec
The Brinnon Parks and Recreation District board will consider the 2018 meeting schedule when it meets at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The board will meet at the Brinnon Community Center, 306144 U.S. Highway 101.
The plan is to conduct two meetings each month — the second and fourth Wednesdays — though the end of June. The public is invited to participate in discussions about the direction and activities of the district.
The board also will consider a joint partnership with Pleasant Harbor Marina to provide feedback on the a draft proposal for community swim days in July and August.
It will consider authorizing reviving the district’s website and creating a district email address for all commissioners.
Jefferson County Public Utility District commissioners will discuss qualifications of applicants for general manager in a closed executive session at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The meeting will be in the Jefferson Transit board room at 63 Four Corners Road.
Port of Port Townsend
Port of Port Townsend commissioners will meet for a regular afternoon session Wednesday.
The regular session will begin at 1 p.m. in chambers, 333 Benedict St.