The three Jefferson County commissioners will hear public comment on the proposed 2018 budget of $55,782,838 at 10 a.m. Monday.
The public hearing will take place at a meeting beginning at 9 a.m. in the commissioners’ chambers at the Jefferson County Courthouse, 1820 Jefferson St., Port Townsend.
Written and spoken comments will be accepted through the end of the hearing.
The recommended budget includes a $19,313,187 general fund, and $36,469,651 in other funds. The general fund includes $8,700 in total revenues and $882,122 in total expenditures.
The detailed budget can be found at www.co.jefferson.wa.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=71.
Also on the agenda are:
• An agreement to provide municipal court services to the City of Port Townsend.
• A cancellation notice of the Dec. 26 commissioners’ meeting.
The commissioners also will host a community outreach meeting 6 p.m. Monday.
The meeting will be at Port Ludlow Beach Club, 121 Marina View Drive, Port Ludlow.
The discussion will include snapshots of county news, a quick flyover of “County Budget Demystified” by county administrator Philip Morley and round robin conversations.
Port Townsend City Council
The Port Townsend City Council will consider adopting the 2018 city budget at 6:30 p.m. Monday.
The meeting will be in council chambers at historic City Hall, 540 Water St.
The proposed budget now sits at a balance of $8,710,420 for 2018 with $42,021,292 in proposed revenues and $45,446,768 in proposed expenses.
Other items on the agenda include:
• Extending interim land rules for the vicinity of Sixth and 10th Streets, Rainier Street and Discovery Way, establishing “more appropriate” commercial and residential land uses within the Rainier Street/Upper Sims Way Subarea Plan.
• Authorizing City Manager David Timmons to negotiate and execute agreements for services with Port Townsend Main Street Program (maintenance), Jefferson County Library for Cooperative Libraries Automated Network (CLAN) and Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce (general economic support).
• Authorizing Timmons to negotiate and execute contracts with Jefferson County for jail and municipal court services.
• Updating classification schedules for represented and nonrepresented city employees.
Other city committee meetings, which are in conference rooms at 250 Madison St., are:
• Library Advisory Board — 4:30 p.m. Monday, second-floor conference room.
• Historic Preservation Committee — 3 p.m. Tuesday, third-floor conference room.
• Port Townsend Arts Commission — 3 p.m. Wednesday, first-floor conference room.
• Non-Motorized Transportation Advisory Board — 4:30 p.m. Thursday, first-floor conference room.
Port of Port Townsend
Port of Port Townsend commissioners will meet for an executive session only at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Commissioners will meet in the port commission building, 333 Benedict St.
They will discuss collective bargaining. No action will be taken.
Jefferson Healthcare commissioners will evaluate CEO Mike Glenn during the meeting beginning at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The board will meet in the Victor J. Dirksen Conference Room on the first floor of 834 Sheridan St.
The evaluation will be in executive session.
Commissioners also will consider medical staff credentials and appointments, as well as medical staff policy.
Fire District 3
Clallam County Fire District 3 commissioners will discuss the district’s service delivery study when they meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday.
The commissioners will meet at the district headquarters station, 323 N. Fifth Ave. in Sequim.
The also will consider the draft commissioner handbook, a step increase percentages proposal, response to wildland incidents (standard operating procedures), Municipal Research and Services Center (MRSC) small works roster and levy goals.
The district covers the east side of Clallam County with a small portion in Jefferson County.