PORT ANGELES — Downtown shops will stay open late Thursday for last-minute Christmas shoppers during Shop ’Til You Drop.
The Port Angeles Downtown Association is hosting the evening of holiday shopping and dining in downtown Port Angeles from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The open house for last-minute and late-night shoppers will feature refreshments, gift wrapping and giveaways and many downtown stores have extended hours for the final stretch of holiday shopping.
The event is held annually on the last Thursday before Christmas.
More than 20 businesses downtown will be open late.
In addition, Necessities & Temptations gift shop at 217 N. Laurel St. is hosting a holiday open house and Port Angeles Regional Chamber of Commerce After Hours event from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday.
Owner Edna Petersen said she will offer beans and Bedford root beer floats with noshes, eggnog and chocolates.
Prizes will be given away.
The open house is “our thank you for your friendship and support all these years,” Petersen said.
Among the specials from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday during Shop ’Til You Drop are:
• Alley Cat Boutique — 20 percent off all regular-priced items.
• Anime Kat — 10 percent off board games and free board game open play.
• Bay Variety — 25 percent off on all regular-priced Christmas decor and floral.
• Brown’s Outdoor — In-store drawing for Petzl headlamp and MSR Quick Solo System.
• Inspired — 25 percent off one item (excluding consignment), 20 percent off select items.
• Moss — 20 percent off storewide; holiday gift wrap and craft station.
• Moxie Boutique — 20 percent off storewide; refreshments and free gift wrapping.
• Northwest Fudge — 20 percent off in-store made chocolates and fudge.
• Olympic Stained Glass — chocolates served.
• Olympic Stationers — In-store specials.
• Port Book and News — Refreshments and in-store sales.
• Skincare Suites — One-hour massage for $45 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. only.
• Wild Spirit Herbals — 20 percent off everything in the store.