PORT ANGELES — Clallam County is seeking volunteers to fill 68 vacancies on 22 advisory boards and committees.
The deadline to apply is the close of business Friday, March 16. To apply, call the commissioners’ office at 360-417-2233; visit their office at the Clallam County Courthouse, Suite 4, 223 E. Fourth St.; or download an application from the county website, www.clallam.net.
Descriptions of the advisory panels and the application form are available under the “Boards, Committees and Groups” link on the county website.
Vacancies exist on the following boards and committees, with specific categories listed where applicable:
• Agricultural Commission (7 vacancies) — Openings for farmers from each commissioner district, an at-large farmer and non-farmer at-large.
• Animal Issues Advisory Committee (7) — Openings for representatives of each district, tribal government, veterinarian, equine and Friends of Forks Animals.
• Board of Equalization (1) — Sequim-area District I.
• Boundary Review Board (4) — Openings for governor appointees, a cities appointee and special district appointee.
• Building Code Board of Appeals (2) — General contractor and alternate.
• Carlsborg Community Advisory Council (5) — Openings for a resident of a manufactured or mobile home, business or real property owner in the U.S. Highway 101 commercial zone, a business or property owner within the Carlsborg Village Center and two at-large members who own Carlsborg property.
• Chemical Dependency/Mental Health Program Fund Advisory Board (1) — An opening for a private provider of chemical dependency services not contracting for funding.
• Clallam Bay/Sekiu Community Action Team (1).
• Crescent Community Advisory Council (4) — Openings for a Crescent School District Alternate, area business owner, student representative and student alternate.
• Developmental Disabilities Advisory Committee (4).
• Fair Advisory Board (1) — An opening for home arts and/or hobbies and crafts.
• Heritage Advisory Board (2) — District 1.
• Homelessness Task Force (2) — Openings for a representative of tribal government and an advocate for youth issues.
• Marine Resources Committee (1) — Opening for a representative of marine recreation and tourism.
• North Pacific Coast Marine Resources (3) — Openings for a member of the scientific community, Clallam County economic groups and the Quileute Tribe.
• Olympic Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council (1).
• Peninsula Housing Authority (1).
• Permit Advisory Board (7) — Openings for building designer, building trades, certified septic designer/installer, environmental consultant, propane/wood stove contractor, manufactured homes/mobile homes and a land surveyor.
• Port Crescent Pioneer Cemetery (3).
• Sheriff’s Citizen Advisory Committee (7) — Openings for representatives of Clallam Bay/Sekiu, Forks area, Quileute, Makah and Lower Elwha Klallam tribes, law and justice and an at-large member.
• Solid Waste Advisory Committee (3) — Openings for tribal government, business community and an at-large member.
• Trails Advisory Committee (1) — An opening for a representative of a large private forest company.
Current members with expiring terms who wish to retain their position are asked to provide a written statement to the commissioner’s office: fax at 360-417-2493; mail at 223 E. Fourth St., Suite 4, Port Angeles 98362; or email [email protected]