By using this website's user-contribution features, including comments, photo galleries or any other feature, you agree to abide by the terms of this agreement.
Please read this agreement in its entirety because it contains a lot of useful information that will help you better understand the rules and general "good manners" that are expected when contributing content to peninsuladailynews.com.
We want to encourage an open exchange of information and ideas.
But if you use inappropriate or obscene language (even when typographically obfuscated), make potentially libelous comments when using this site and its features or engage in ad hominem, or insulting, attacks on fellow contributors, people mentioned in stories, contributors or any employee of the Peninsula Daily News, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to remove any and/or all of your contributions immediately and without warning.
If you become a problem for us or our site's other users, we may ban you from all future commenting. (If your account has been banned, and you have a reasonable case to make regarding reinstating your account, contact email@example.com.)
The Peninsula Daily News believes it is absolutely possible for people from a variety of points of view to discuss issues in a civil manner. But we reserve the right — but assume no obligation — to remove comments and ban accounts of users that foster incivility.
It is important to know that we DO NOT review every contribution made on this website. More than likely, you will see user contributions before anyone on our staff does. This may include information and opinions from a variety of individuals and organizations other than official content from the Peninsula Daily News.
We do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any user contribution, regardless of whether it comes from a user, celebrity, "expert" or other source.
Responsibility for what is posted or contributed to this site is the sole responsibility of each user. By contributing to this website, you agree not to post any libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, obscene, sexual, threatening or illegal material, or any other material that infringes on the ability of others to enjoy this site or that infringes on the rights of others.
You agree NOT to use this website to violate any copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property. By contributing to this website, you are representing that you are the owner of the material or are making your submission with the explicit consent of the owner. Submitting material that is the property of another without the specific consent of its owner is not only a violation of this agreement, but may also subject you to legal liability for infringement of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
Any user who feels that a contribution to this website is objectionable is encouraged to click the "REPORT ABUSE" link accompanying the posting area. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so — within a reasonable time frame — if we determine that removal is necessary. Abuse is defined above; merely objecting to a poster's legitimate opinion expressed in his/her contribution is not cause for removal.
Peninsuladailynews.com may ban any user, delete any post or take any action with regard to its websites related to user-submitted content without any warning.
Peninsuladailynews.com, the Peninsula Daily News and their affiliates, editors, directors, officers, managers, employees, agents and licensors are not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind — including lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data — in any way related to this website or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies posted on this website.
By commenting on news stories posted on peninsuladailynews.com, you:
• Agree not to solicit others. You agree not to contribute for the purposes of advertising or to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services, make donations of any kind or to promote other websites without the express written approval of the Peninsula Daily News, or where expressly permitted.
• Agree not to have multiple personalities on our boards. Each user may have only one user name. If you would like to change your user name, please e-mail us. Use or possession of multiple user names may result in our banning your user account or accounts.
• Agree not to create user names which are objectionable, use typographical obfuscations or innuendo.
• Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any libelous, defamatory, obscene, harmful, vulgar, threatening, tortuous, harassing, abusive, invasive of another user's privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, or otherwise illegal material.
• Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
• Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party or social media.
• Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
• Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this website any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, telecommunications or other equipment.
• Agree to not impersonate anyone on this website.
• Agree not to knowingly give out any private information about other users. Users who engage in the behavior of continually trying to guess another user's private information will be banned and their accounts and contributions removed.
IMPORTANT: If this type of action is thought to be happening on this website, we reserve the right to reveal your identity — or whatever information we may know about you, including your IP address(es) — in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from this type of action. Although anonymous pen names for contributors are allowed and are shown with each comment, that allowance does not in any way suggest that anonymity is guaranteed.
Your posting of content and your thoughts on peninsuladailynews.com automatically gives peninsuladailynews.com and the Peninsula Daily News a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, disseminate, perform, transmit and display such content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content.
If you are not the owner of such content, you shall be deemed to have warranted that the owner of the content has expressly granted to you a similar license.
We retain the right to revoke access privileges of anyone who we believe has violated any of the terms outlined here or if such user is deemed a problem to either the site or its other users. Again, civility is paramount.
For further information or clarification of any of these points, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. A reply will be forthcoming in a reasonable period of time.