PORT TOWNSEND — Electric cars, solar power and home automation are some of the technologies that will be on display at the 2018 Port Townsend Home Show on Saturday.
The fifth annual show hosted by the Jefferson County Home Builders Association will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Blue Heron Middle School commons at 3939 San Juan Ave.
More than 45 exhibitors are scheduled to present home-related products and services.
Builders association Director Lizanne Corker said North Olympic Peninsula real estate values have increased greatly as demand for homes increased.
“The market shows no sign of slowing down,” she said.
“Now more than ever it is imperative to maintain that personal investment which is your home.”
Builders, design professionals, inspectors and horticultural professionals will be available to answer questions about maintenance of homes and yards.
Wilder Auto Center of Port Angeles will offer an exhibit of 2018 Pruis, a hybrid vehicle, and electric-only Leaf models, while the Local 20/20 booth will feature members of the Jefferson County Electric Vehicle Association, which will bring several electric cars.
Along with displays, clinics and presentations are planned throughout the day. They include composting, plant identification, smart home technology, home inspection, pruning and identification of plant diseases.
• 10 a.m. — Composting with Bio-Char, by Roger Short and Francesco Tortorici.
• 11 a.m. — Turn Your Meter Backwards! Solar Power 1010, by Andy Cochrane from Power Trip Energy.
“We’ll help people decide if solar is a good choice for their location,” Cochrane said.
• Noon — What Is This Plant? Plant Identification 101, by garden specialists from Far Reaches Farm.
• 1 p.m. — Is Your Home Wired for the Future?, by Hans Frederickson from Frederickson Electric.
• 2 p.m. — Home Inspection 101 What’s Under and In Your Home?, by James Lagergren from Rainshadow Inspections.
• 3 p.m. — Inspiring Growth: Pruning for Success, by Mikiya Brayton from Willow Wind Farms.
• 4 p.m. — What’s Wrong with My Plant?, by specialists who will examine cuttings and take questions about plant disease and noxious weeds.
For more information, see www.jeffcohome builders.com.