PORT TOWNSEND — The 28th annual Uptown Street Fair will offer live entertainment, the Port Townsend Arts & Crafts Fair, the Jefferson County Farmers Market, local food, free art activities for families and other activities from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
An annual highlight of the fair is one of the shortest and most colorful parades in the Northwest, according to a news release.
Awards are created by Jeanne Moore of Potpourri NW Interiors.
Awards presentation will immediately follow the parade.
The parade will form near the East Jefferson Fire Station at 701 Harrison St., at 1:45 p.m.
Organizers request that participants not create any religious or political entries.
For public safety, Lawrence Street and Tyler Street will be closed for the street fair, as well as the Farmers Market location on Polk Street.
The fair also will feature arts and crafts from Northwest artists not usually seen at the weekly farmers market.
Some of the juried work will include tie-dyed dresses and shirts, original fleece clothing, botanical paintings and prints, hand-embroidered felted slippers, fused glass art, pottery, leather belts and bags, cedar boxes, soaps, lampworked beads, silver jewelry, horse paintings and prints, original designed and sewn baby clothes, bird paintings, metal home and yard art, whimsical bird houses, handwoven rugs, stuffed animals, ethnic felted hats, purses, tribal style jewelry and other items.
In addition to the PT Arts Guild Fair, the Port Townsend Summer Band will perform on the Community Center Lawn at 11 a.m.
The Port Townsend Arts Guild uses the money raised by the booth fees to fund college scholarships in the arts for students as well as other cultural events.
This year, the guild awarded scholarships to Brennan La Brie, Gladys Hitt and Christina Bell.
The group also gave $3,000 to the Jefferson County Food Bank in 2017.
Here is the schedule.
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Arts and Crafts Fair.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Farmers’ Market.
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Outdoor Beer Garden.
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Food vendors.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Free kids’ activities.
• 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. — Grandly Local Parade and awards ceremony.
Live music and entertainment is set for:
• 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. — Stars of Tomorrow Winner Joe Gallegos 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
• 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. — Keira DeLuna.
• 11 a.m. to noon — Port Townsend Summer Band.
• Noon to 12:20 p.m. — Middle Eastern dance by Scarlet Viper and anami of Velvet Revolution.
• 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. — Joe Crecca and Guests.
• 2:30 p.m. to 2:50 p.m. — Unexpected Brass Band.
• 3 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.— Jim Nyby and the F Street Band.
For information, go to www.ptmainstreet.org.