SEQUIM — Olympic Theatre Arts has announced open auditions for an upcoming production of “Death of a Salesman” by Arthur Miller.
Auditions will be at 6 p.m. this coming Thursday and 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10 at the theater, 414 N. Sequim Ave.
Auditioners will be asked to do a cold read from the script. Auditions are open to everyone and no appointments are necessary.
The show will run from Feb. 8-24. Performance times will be Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
The iconic story revolves around the last days of salesman Willy Loman, who cannot understand how he failed to win success and happiness.
Through a series of soul-searching revelations, Miller shows how Loman’s quest for the American Dream kept him blind to the people who truly loved him.
“Death of a Salesman” is “a thrilling work of deep and revealing beauty that remains one of the most profound classic dramas of the American theater,” organizers said.
Auditions are for the following characters:
• Willy Loman: A salesman in his mid-60s, unstable, insecure and self-deluded.
• Linda Loman: Willy’s loyal and loving wife.
• Biff Loman: Willy’s elder son.
• Harold “Happy” Loman: Willy’s younger son.
• Charley: Willy’s somewhat wise-cracking yet kind and understanding neighbor.
• Bernard: Charley’s son.
• Jenny: Charley’s secretary.
• Uncle Ben: Willy’s older brother who became a diamond tycoon after a detour to Africa.
• The Woman: “Miss Francis,” with whom Willy cheated on Linda.
• Howard Wagner: Willy’s boss.
• Stanley: A waiter.
• Miss Forsythe: A girl Happy picks up at the restaurant.
• Letta: Miss Forsythe’s friend.
Anyone who can’t take part in auditions during the scheduled times is invited to call 360-683-7326 to make alternate arrangements.
OTA is also looking for creative people to fill out the production team. This is a production with very interesting possibilities for set, lighting and costume design elements among other creative opportunities, organizers said.
Contact Olympic Theatre Arts at 360-683-7326 for more information.