SEQUIM — On Thursday, Olympic Peninsula Authors continues its seminar series with a panel of five authors versed in self-publishing.
The program is scheduled from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave. Admission is $5, which helps cover costs of the series.
The authors discuss why they self-publish, what hurdles they face, costs involved, e-books versus print books and methods of self-promotion. There will be time for questions from the audience.
The moderator for the evening is Heidi Hansen, an OPA founder and self-publisher.
The five panelists — all of whom live on the North Olympic Peninsula — include:
• Gene G. Bradbury, a prolific author of children’s picture books as well as poetry and essays for adults.
• Ruth Marcus, an award-winning poet and host of many writing workshops and seminars.
• Linda B. Myers, who authors general fiction and mysteries, and writes a column for the Sequim Gazette.
• Jayne Nichols, who writes award-winning contemporary romance and romantic suspense.
• Elizabeth Ann Scarborough, an award-winning author with credentials in traditional and self-publishing.
The next seminar in the series will feature “Self-Publishing How-To’s and How-Nots.” Details on time and location will be available at Thursday’s panel.
Contact olympic [email protected] for more information.