Port Townsend police officers gather evidence at the scene of a stabbing at the corner of Adams and Washington streets Thursday morning. (Jeannie McMacken/Peninsula Daily News)

Port Townsend police officers gather evidence at the scene of a stabbing at the corner of Adams and Washington streets Thursday morning. (Jeannie McMacken/Peninsula Daily News)

UPDATE: Port Townsend police investigate stabbing as attempted murder

PORT TOWNSEND — An unidentified 28-year old Port Townsend man was in stable condition at Harborview Medical Center on Thursday afternoon after he was stabbed multiple times on Adams Street late Wednesday evening.

Keppie Keplinger, Port Townsend Police Department spokeswoman, said the attack is being investigated as attempted murder.

“Between 11 and 11:30 p.m., an altercation involving a knife took place and a man was severely stabbed, suffering wounds to his stomach and arms,” Keplinger said.

The victim, who was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, was stabbed multiple times in the 200 block of Adams Street between Washington and Water streets.

According to Keplinger, the victim was in surgery Thursday and will face several more operations. He has not yet been interviewed by law enforcement.

Keplinger said witnesses have described the attacker as a balding man with medium-length blond or light-brown wavy hair with a stubbly chin. He was said to be about 6-feet-tall with a medium build.

Police were told that a male and a female were seen entering a parked red Ford van after the stabbing and fleeing, with the woman driving the van.

Based on this information, those two individuals are considered suspects, Keplinger said.

Keplinger said police continue to seek information about it.

She said after asking the public for help Thursday morning, several people have come forward with reports.

Adams Street between Washington and Water streets remained closed to traffic late Thursday afternoon. Police had called in a company to clean the crime scene, Keplinger said.

She said this is an isolated incident and there is no risk to the general public.

Police Detective Patrick Fudally said the investigation continues.

“Anyone with information is asked to contact the Jefferson County Dispatch Center at 360-344-9779,” he said.


Jefferson County Editor/Reporter Jeannie McMacken can be reached at 360-385-2335 or at [email protected]

More in Crime

Molestation trial date set

A Sequim man has pleaded not guilty to molesting… Continue reading

PHOTO: Chain gang dismantles nuisance RVs near Port Angeles

The shattered remains of an abandoned recreational vehicle await final demolition as… Continue reading

Man arrested for investigation of Port Townsend arson

A man with no known address has been arrested… Continue reading

Port Angeles hotel robbed; police say suspect was wearing red, yellow contacts

City police on Saturday were investigating an early-morning robbery… Continue reading

OPNET says meth stopped on way to prison

An alleged gang-related plan to smuggle drugs into Clallam… Continue reading

Assaults on Clallam County jail staff increase

The Clallam County jail has seen a sharp uptick… Continue reading

Travel trailer stolen from Forks

The Clallam County Sheriff’s Office was investigating Tuesday the theft… Continue reading

Man arrested after stolen Yukon is pulled over in Port Angeles traffic stop

A 34-year-old Port Angeles man remained jailed Sunday after… Continue reading