By Joe Smillie
and Jeremy Schwartz
Peninsula Daily News
2. Port Angeles police release surveillance image of suspected pizza shop robber
3. Sequim native Meredith Powell pleads guilty to having sex with Tacoma students (WITH VIDEO from outside the courtroom)
4. Officers seek Port Angeles man
5. Coroner: Port Angeles man killed in tractor-trailer crash on state Highway 104 died from head, neck injuries
6. UPDATE — Port Angeles police release surveillance image of suspected pizza shop robber
7. Forks man given 90-day sentence in hit-and-run fatality
8. Forks man gets 90-day sentence in hit and run fatality
Two other Sequim women had been treated and discharged by Wednesday.
Emergency crews were called to the wreck at 6:26 p.m. after the 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander sport utility vehicle driven by Melanie Cable, 42, crashed head-on into a 2012 Honda CRV driven by Janet Hampton, 82.
According to the State Patrol, Hampton turned left onto Highway 101 from the casino parking lot and was struck by Cable’s eastbound car.
Both vehicles stopped in the middle of the highway, blocking traffic in both directions for one hour, the State Patrol said.
The crash sent both drivers to the hospital, along with Hampton’s passenger, Miki Kamauchi, 85, Sequim.
Hampton and Cable had been treated and discharged by Wednesday, OMC spokeswoman Bobby Beeman said, while Kamauchi was in satisfactory condition.
Two teenage passengers in Cable’s car were uninjured in the crash.
The State Patrol listed the cause as Hampton failing to yield.
All were wearing seat belts. Both vehicles were totally destroyed, the State patrol said.
Sequim-Dungeness Valley Editor Joe Smillie can be reached at 360-681-2390, ext. 5052, or at email@example.com.
Reporter Jeremy Schwartz can be reached at 360-452-2345, ext. 5074, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.