By Peninsula Daily News
Want more top stories? Sign up here for daily or weekly newsletters with our top news.
SEVERAL ORGANIZATIONS ARE helping support the Arlington, Oso and Darrington communities.
Here's how you can give:
• American Red Cross is accepting donations on its website, www.redcross.org, at 1-800-REDCROSS or by texting REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10, which will be added to the sender's cellphone bill.
• The Cascade Valley Hospital Foundation is accepting monetary donations online at youcaring.org/ososlide or donations can be sent to either Union Bank, ATTN: Tina Davis, 525 N. Olympic Ave., Arlington, WA 98223, or to Cascade Valley Hospital Foundation, 330 Stillaguamish Ave., Arlington, WA 98223.
• The Coastal Community Bank is accepting donations for mudslide victims at all branches. Branches are in Darrington, Camano Island, Everett, Monroe, Stanwood, Sultan, Silver Lake, Smokey Point, Snohomish and Whidbey Island.
• United Way has established a recovery fund to assist those affected by the mudslide. Donations are accepted online at uwsc.org or can be sent to United Way of Snohomish County, ATTN: Finance Department, 3120 McDougall Ave., Suite 200, Everett, WA 98201.
• The Skagit Food Distribution Center, a program of Community Action of Skagit County, is seeking cash donations to cover the fuel costs of taking emergency food supplies to Darrington several times per day. Food and supply donations are also needed, the center said. Donations are being accepted on its website, communityactionskagit.org.
• The Snohomish Conservation District (SCD) is accepting donations for residents who have taken in livestock for those who cannot care for them as a result of the mudslide. Several people are in need of supplies including hay, halters, lead ropes and wormers, the district said. The SCD is serving as a drop-off point for supplies except feed, which can be donated, along with hay, at the Arlington Cenex. Donors should contact SCD at 425-377-7003 before bringing supplies.
• Anyone with information about a missing person is asked to call the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office tip line at 425-388-3845.