By Arwyn Rice
Peninsula Daily News
Want more top stories? Sign up here for daily or weekly newsletters with our top news.
Oh, there will plenty of what the public has found there for the past 30 years, with vendors offering goods and services for home-improvement projects ranging from spring cleaning to gardening to repairs.
But there also will be products dealing with life inside the home offered at the show scheduled from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Port Angeles High School gymnasium, 304 E. Park Ave.
Admission is free both days.
The 31st KONP Home Show — which draws an estimated 7,000 to 10,000 people over two days each year, organizers said — had filled 108 vendor spaces as of Wednesday.
“We're going to have a full show this year,” said Stan Comeau, sales manager for KONP AM 1450 and FM 101.7, which sponsors the event with the Clallam County Public Utility District.
The show will have a wide variety of exhibitors whose products go beyond home repairs and landscaping and move into what happens inside a house, said Jody Copeland, a member of the KONP sales and marketing department and a talk-show host at the station.
“There are more appliances this year,” Copeland said.
Jewelry, gourmet foods, photography, cosmetics and sporting equipment also will be seen at the show.
“It's a different mix of exhibitors,” Copeland said.
Vendors will include regional contractors and suppliers, as well as information booths for area agencies and services.
Booths will showcase chiropractic care, private schools, medical and veterinary providers, and gourmet foods.
The KONP Home Show started in 1982 at the Vern Burton Community Center and has grown each year since, serving as a gathering place for North Olympic Peninsula businesses to show their wares and for customers to gather information on services available in the area.
An increasing number of businesses are interested in being part of the home show, and many of the vendors are new this year, Comeau said.
About 60 percent of the entries are locally based businesses, and most of the remaining 40 percent are from the greater Seattle area, he said.
A virtual home show also is available and features home show-type exhibits.
The website, www.thekonphomeshow.com, was unveiled in 2012.
Reporter Arwyn Rice can be reached at 360-452-2345, ext. 5070, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.