Warm up for Valentine's Day: Red Wine & Chocolate Tour slated on North Olympic Peninsula
Peninsula Daily News
Print This | Email This
Most Popular this week
ELECTRONIC WARFARE TRAINING — Department of Natural Resources says 'not interested' in participating with Navy
UPDATE: Port Ludlow man released from Seattle hospital after wreck on Highway 104 south of Port Townsend
ELECTRONIC WARFARE TRAINING — Questions raised about Sequim City Council at closed-door Navy-Jamestown S'Klallam meeting
HEALTH CARE — Free clinics in Port Angeles, Sequim, Port Townsend help local residents with care and advice
The wineries will present unusual pairings -- such as chocolate-dipped potato chips with a red wine reduction sauce or a caramel-and-sea-salt-drizzled chocolate cake with a Bolero blend -- from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
Visitors can take self-guided tours of wineries in Clallam and Jefferson counties this weekend and the following weekend, Feb. 19-20.
The $25 ticket and glass package entitles ticket-holders to a special commemorative wine glass, complimentary wine-tasting and samples of chocolate at each winery.
Those without tickets will be charged $5 wine-tasting fees at each winery.
In addition, Toga's Soup House, 122 W. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles, which is usually only open Mondays through Fridays, will be open for the tour from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday.
Participating wineries are:
• Black Diamond Winery, 2976 Black Diamond Road, Port Angeles; 360-457-0748; www.blackdiamondwinery.com.
• Camaraderie Cellars, 334 Benson Road, Port Angeles; 360-417-3564; www.camaraderiecellars.com.
• Eaglemount Wine & Cider, 2350 Eaglemount Road, Port Townsend; 360-732-4084; www.eaglemountwinery.com.
• FairWinds Winery, 1984 W. Hastings Ave., Port Townsend; 360-385-6899; www.fairwindswinery.com.
• Finnriver Farm & Cidery, 62 Barn Swallow Road, Chimacum; 360-732-4337; www.finnriver.com.
• Harbinger Winery, 2358 W. U.S. Highway 101, Port Angeles; 360-452-4262; www.harbingerwinery.com.
• Olympic Cellars, 255410 U.S. Highway 101, Port Angeles; 360-452-0160; www.olympiccellars.com.
• Sorensen Cellars, 274 Otto St., Port Townsend; 360-379-6416; www.sorensencellars.com.
Tickets may be purchased online or by phoning 800-785-5495.
Ticket and glass packages will also be sold at the participating wineries on a first-come, first-served basis.
Last modified: February 10. 2011 11:52PM